Retconned storylines you'd accept

• Members

Y&R

Phillip Foster Chancellor is dead. He never came back from the dead.

Chance and Ronan. We never saw them.

MAB's hundred Genoa City babies were never born. There were no reason to complicate her problematic storylines even more. There was no reason for Lily to have two kids, or for Billy and Victoria to have a baby, or Neil and Sophia etc.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B - That Brooke is the love of Ridge's life and he doesn't really love Taylor that much. The writing for this triangle was much different before Taylor returned in 2005. Ridge was in love with her and Brooke was always on the outside, yearing to get him back, but he would always end back with Taylor in between Brooke's manipulations and seduction attempts. Ever since Taylor died, Brooke's been written as his OTP and Taylor has only been second fiddle.

• Members

MAB really did take "go and populate" GC way too seriously. What possessed her to give Lily twins? Or give Billy another child when he already had Delia?

Other retcons I want:

Summer should have been Jack's child, but this mistake can still be undone.

Ashley should have had her baby with Brad.

• Members

I wanted the "Jill is Kay's daughter" to end after a few months by Jill finding out that Kay is not her mother after all and continuing to pretend that she doesn't know the truth. The reasons for this would not be very clear. Was she doing this because Kay was sick and needed her? Because she had started to love her? Because she wanted her to pay for ruining her happiness with Phillip? Then of course Kay would find out and there you go with a brand new chapter to the feud. This is the only acceptable resolution for this story.

• Members

Retcons that I didn't like:

1) Jill not being a Foster

2) All of Salem knowing that Kristen has been alive all these years.

3) When Jim Reilly rewrote Bo and Hope's history that they knew each other as children.

4) The Annabelle Sims storyline on The Guiding Light

5) Changing Amanda's paternity on The Guiding Light

Retcons that I liked:

1) Taking some minor character from the 70s and creating Kate Roberts in the 90s.

2) Turning Victor Lord into a daughter raping, daughter's friend raping, underground city building psycho.

Retcons that I would like to see:

1) Bring Carly and Vivian back and pretend that mess that happened 2 years ago, never happened.

2) Let's discover that Daniel isn't Maggie's son. That Maggie's eggs went somewhere else.

3) This is awful, but rewrite Marlena's first son's crib death. It was actually a plot by Stefano and DJ is now alive and a major bad ass.

• Members

GH: everyone that Guza killed off cause he had hard-on's for the mob, that means Justus, Emily, Alan, Georgie and others.

Sam being Alexis' daughter needs to be retconned, not that it has ever been proven with DNA, so it's easily undone. Jake's death needs to be undone, especially since it was utterly pointless and Luke is still drinking.

AMC: undo Josh Madden as Erica's unaborted fetus, the whole storyline was an insult, and did alot of damage to Erica's history.

Gabby being Zach's and Bianca's, undo it, it never made any sense to begin with

Port Charles: Karen's death needs to be undone

• Members

Let's please hold on to the fact that Y&R has still managed to keep most of its defiantly dead people dead, despite all the horrid writing and mistakes. We saw the complete fuckery that was Phillip's return. Would I love to see Brad back? Ryan? Tony? Cassie? Colleen? Absolutely. But, no. Just no. Let's try to hold on to a semblance of logic while we can.

• Members

I think Days has had QUITE enough of evil doctors from Marlena's past. smile.png

The Belle switcheroo would actually be an interesting way to give her something to do on canvas. Literally, she and Shawn had absolutely nothing to do for years which is why they were so boring. I don't like the idea of retconning Vivian/Carly's last story. I thought it ending messy during the changover (and after Vivian escaped the sarcophagus) but I actually thought the storyline was pretty fun.

Retcons I liked:

1. Quinn dumping Taylor and returning to Salem, if only because i like to imagine her alone and crying. (Although then he wandered around town talking to EJ and Nicole for no apparent reason then... vanished again? I still don't remember what happened there.)

2. This random cameo that Fay has been obsessed with, except she'd never ever worn it any other time in the show's history prior to her death.

Retcons I liked/hated:

1. The Salem Stalker needed to be fixed, but man, what a shitty retcon that made absolutely no damn sense.

2. The DiMera/Brady feud. At first, at least. Then it became a mess.

Retcons I hated:

1. Brad Carlton is Jewish. Oh, okay.

2. Melanie is Maggie's granddaughter. Daniel is Maggie's son. Parker is Daniel's son. I wonder what the common denominator is here.

3. John/Hope got a divorce. We sat through that boring and horribly written Alamania storyline, only to have it retconned with a throwaway line of dialogue months after the fact.

4. Little Ethan was Ethan's son, not Julian's. What a waste.

Archived