Your Soap Expectations/Predictions 2013

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You nailed it for me. LOL. Totally agree.

MY "BANK-ON-IT" EXPECTATIONS

- Days either gets canceled or gets a reboot. I'm honestly not sure. I feel like DAYS is safe but NBC has been awfully quiet about it for a while, IMO.

- GH brings back Genie Francis

- B&B backburns Karla Mosley and Lawrence St. Victor after a few months

• Members

Although I would not be surprised if NBC chose to cancel DAYS later this year, I am inclined to believe they will give the show one more shot. NBC, though, might mandate that Sony and Ken Corday make changes at the top (and with network-approved choices).

• Members

LOL. True.

But, aside from the long-time or well-read up on history fans, who would even know that Marie was Nick's grandmother. Same for Bill and Jennifer. It's just a shame the show lacks that multi-generational aspect. It really does when you look at it.

When you look at it your way, damn that would be a good soap. So what's DAYS problem? LOL.

• Members

Yeah. I think the show might have one more shot. I mean I want it to stay but changes do need to be made but I think more of a stink needs to be made about there needing to be changes. The press needs to get on it, etc.

And even if the show were cancelled, Sony doesn't let any of their shows die without a fight. Even a poorly performing sitcom. Granted, primetime is a much different breed and there's more room for switching networks. At least I hope Sony could potentially find another home for it.

• Members

I feel like NBC will keep DAYS as long as it is turning profit as they still have much bigger problems in Primetime. They instilled that option for 2013-2014 for a reason. There is no Daytime department devoloping new programming like ABC/CBS. Just my opinion of course but I think NBC at the most will hand out some network mandated changes.

Or they could just cancel it and b/c DAYS films so damn far ahead the finale will be Daniel and Jennifer making love. :lol:

• Members

Predictions:

PP's AMC reboot will get off the ground but OLTL's revival is indefinitely postponed

Tomlin/Whitesell axed as DAYS headwriters; Broderick promoted to sole head writer

Genie Francis returns to GH for May sweeps; Jonathan Jackson makes short-term return for Spencer family reunion

Further casting bloodbath at Y&R as ratings continue to slide under JFP

H/L/S triangle hits snag when Jacqueline McInnes Wood leaves for primetime

Archived