Heart and Soul of Soaps

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gosh, I was just thinking about this in relpy to cct's post in another thread. At its finest, I think that's what AMC had going for it most. As a loyal fan for many years, I grew disenchanted with AMC when it began to lose this in favor of a revolving door of vapid MWM (Models Who Memorize). AMC had tons of heart and soul back in the day thanks to Agnes Nixon and her well hewn, excellently cast characters. The fact of the matter is, the magic of these characters put money in the bank during the show's golden age, which is why (imho) folks like Jesse and Angie just had to SHOW UP and I was in the palms of their hands. AMC did "the work" back when it counted, and it won fans for life because of that. Plus, I have a thing for old people and AMC had plenty of super sweet, quirky, ornery, old folks to love.

• Members

The girl playing Kristina is probably worse, only she's boring as f.uck to look at, whereas Sullivan is just a trainwreck of epic proportions.

I know Sullivan was cast by JFP/Teschner, but I think Valentini has the absolute WORST taste when it comes to casting. Look no further than his preference of Mikey Jerome during the OLTL season of I Wanna Be A Soap Star, or much of the casting on OLTL during his tenure.

• Members

I consider FH to be one because she portrayed an epitome of a strong, beautiful, intelligent, yet fallible character that defined GH at its very best. Barring that atrocious Guzafied stint, she (along with her soap daughter) is one of the reasons why her home soap (along with her adopted one) was so fondly regarded at a certain point in time.

Archived