Soap Stars You LOVED in One Role and HATED in Another

• Members

Some more actors that come to mind:

I HATED Signy Coleman on Santa Barbara but she was sheer perfection as Hope on Y&R. That was one actress I thought I'd never like anywhere after seeing her on SB but Hope was tailor-made for her.

Crystal Chappell- LOVED her on DAYS (and to a lesser extent, GL) but I couldn't stand her as Sister Maggie on OLTL.

Jacob Young- HATED him on B&B, but fell in love with him on AMC.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the problem was more with the writing than the actress. In a fairly short period of time, Brittany was a not-altogether-bad schemer, to a very unsympathetic b!tch, to Peter Love's helpless victim.

My vote is Philece Sampler. I didn't see a lot of Renee on DAYS but what I did see, she played the heck out of it. As Donna Love...well, big miscast there.

• Members

Barbara Crampton also played Trista on DAYS for about 6 months in 1983. She had two pretty major storylines in that short period - her romance with Eugene, and regaining the memory of her mother's murder when she was child. Then she was killed by the Salem Slasher. I saw a little of her Leanna Love, which was a 180 degree turn from Trista. I thought she did well with both but never saw her B&B or GL stints.

• Members

I saw Philiece on DAYS. She did play the heck out of it. BUT there was something about her that just screamed DIVA behind the scenes to me that made it hard to like her. A few years after she left, I believe either Thaao Penghlis or Gloria Loring were quoted, talking about an actress who had left the show that was a pill to work with and hard to be around on set. It seemed very much like they were talking about Philiece. That, coupled with things I've heard about her AW stint, has always made me not like her. But she was TERRIBLE as Donna. Anna Stuart just owned that role and Philiece could have played it similarly but for some reason, she didn't and they started writing Donna to fit her acting capabilities (and limitations).

• Members

JY was great in both...loved him more on B&B though.....Agreed about Signy...and one more Marcy Walker...hated her on Santa Barbara..where is the eyeroll icon...lol....hated her as Tangie Hill on GL...barf...eyeroll icon here too but liked her on AMC.

• Members

I think there is a Carly curse out there because I loved TB and SJB as Carly and couldn't stomache any of their other soap roles. I am actually mad at SJB for leaving GH because I think of what Carly might have been if she had just stayed put.

Jensen Buchanan and Lane Davies come to mind. They were both talented actors with solid fan bases and GH made them horribly unlikable and totally squandered any potential they had, although I do believe Jensen's character was DOA (can't even remember her name), I thought Cameron was a character that could have worked.

• Members

What?!!! No Maura West yet? LOVED her Carly Tenney; HATED her "Dianejenkins." I blame the casting, the writing, and her acting choice to make this woman completely unsympathetic.

Meanwhile, I LOVED Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke but can't really stand her Anita on Y&R. ;-)

I agree: Signy Coleman was no Annie Dutton. But as Annie-playing-Teri, she ROCKED. "Sit DOWN, Josh." Classic camp.

• Members

There was no acting choice to make her unsympathetic- it was the WRITING. She f ucked half the town in the short time she was on. That didn't mean her acting wasn't still amazing on Y&R because it was. No way would I put her on this list.

Thought of another one : I HATED Cady McClain as Dixie but loved her as Rosanna on ATWT.

Archived