Emmy Weekend/B&B Y&R Luncheon photos...

• Members

So I was able to attend the B&B and Y&R and daytime Emmys in the bleachers this last weekend. I posted this up here as it's more than just emmy thoughts and photos...

Emmy Photos

You can see all of the photos here from Emmys with the luncheons to come.

The Y&R dinner was a lot of fun. Paul Rauch and Maria were there for the dinner part--I wish they would have hung out longer I would have loved to talk to them. Brad Bell actually stayed for the autograph section the next day at B&B and chatted with fans--and who knows if it does any good but being able to bitch about Steffy and Rick made my week. Michael M (adam) impressed me the most--while the rest were eating dinner, we walked around to all the fan tables meeting and chatting with people.

The B&B luncheon was fun the next day--having been to other show luncheons, the thing that struck me from both is that the actors really seemed like they wanted to be there--and cared about the fans.

The emmy red carpet was suppose to start at 3,but for whatever reason Van Hansis and Jake S started like 20 mins early and were waiting to do all the video interviews. So literally they were standing right next to us for like 20 mins--and if there were two stars that I could have cared less about seeing for that long, it was those two. I think they kept thinking we were going to go ga ga but no. They both drank their waters they had and then said they were thirsty so I offered one of the waters from the supply they had in the red carpet bleachers and they kinda looked at me funny.

For the red carpet, we were right in front of the celeb sponsor wall--and the photographer early on learned we knew actual names of actors and weren't like the rest of the crazies screaming character names. So he turned around and said ok if you help me with names and getting the necessary people in front of the wall, I'll have the hold when I'm done and you can get the shot.

Meredith Hagner had to be one of the best dressed, and most gracious talking to fans and everything. Out of all of the younger actresses nominated, she impressed me the most.

Lisa LoCicero and the kid that plays her son get my votes as two of the most gracious GH fans (besides Bradford who stopped to pose for photos.) My friend said "Lisa, we follow you on twitter" and she came rushing over and thanked us, joking she thought no one would care. We were also joking about the age of the kid that plays her son, and he was laughing--he gets it.

The rest of the GH cast pretty much walked right by the fans not really caring at all. I don't know why I was shocked, it's GH but then Jill Phelps walks by and actually stops for fans (she was right in front of us and I just kinda blurted out "Its Jill Phelps" and she stopped and said hi and all that.

Tom Degnan (ATWT) was another one--he walked the red carpet with the kid who plays Hunter and everyone kinda looked at them so I was like "Yea Tom!!!" and he smiled, and came over and chatted for a second. I told him I was totally weary of the storyline but he's sold me on it, and he just smiled.

At this point, I've got someone stopped right in front of me on the actual red carpet, blocking everything. After making a comment about being a better door than a window I just asked him to move, he was blocking my photos. He turns around, glares at me...and it's Gary Tomlin. Who moves down and then talks about me to his date he was with.

Chuck Pratt actually was cool. He was walking by when the Sesame Street cast was at the sponsor wall, and stopped and put his own camera up so he could get the photo and I piped in with "nice photo Mr. Pratt!" He looked at me, and I said I'd do the same thing. So he grabbed my camera and took the group photo of the Sesame Street cast for me.

Thorsten K and Susan Haskall came down, and ALL the women in the bleachers were screaming for him and to stop for a photo. So I then said "I don't actually want a photo of you Thorsten I'd rather have one of your wife" and then he looked dumb founded.

The GL cast for the most part walked the red carpet together (CC was not walking with Jessica L and I kinda thought they would) all grateful for the support. Melissa Hayden could have not been cooler because I had a total fangurl moment when she walked the red carpet.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

baller, it sounds like you had a great time with lots of gossip. It's not the first time I have heard JFP stop and talk to fans -- amazing considering she must be marked for death by some.

I would love to hear more of your thoughts about the Y&R and B&B luncheons. Nelson Branco has a blind item about a Y&R star needing to get through the Y&R luncheon with the help of prescription pills. Anybody there look zoned out? lol

Love Lisa LoCicero as Olivia. Never seen her in anything else, never heard anything about what she's like behind-the-scenes. I just like the way she comes across on my screen. I wish Olivia hadn't been sacrificed in favor of her, though.

Archived