YR: Killing someone off

• Members

hi all.

I am so sad they're killing off John Abbott but after reading the tvguide interview there's a quote of Jerry saying there are 15 other actors in his final scene so i figured i would try and guess who the participants might be:

Peter Bergman, Eileen Davidson, Beth Maitland, Judith Chapman, Jess Walton, Greg Rikkart, Scott Seymour (NuBilly), Adrienne Leon, Darcy Rose Byrnes, Jeanne Cooper, Christian LeBlanc, Michelle Stafford, Melody Thomas Scott, Tracey Bregman and probaly a few suprises.

Hopefully this story will help y and r win a couple of emmys next year. they were robbed this year! there should be some knock out performances from all those mentioned above especially peter, eileen, judith and beth. August should be a great month for Y and R.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate,hate,hate it because they are doing this.

I bet Glo is in the will.Remember he made provisions for her when he went to jail? I bet he made sure his will was changed too!

I bet there are going to be some big scenes with Jack and Ashley versus Gloria,Michael and Kevin.

I hope it will bring the skin cream debacle out in the open!

• Members

I SO don't like this idea. And this was a Jack Smith story? WTF was he thinking, killing off John Abbott?

I think what would have been a much better storyline(instead of just kiling him off via stroke), would have been to give him Altheimers(sp?) disease. I know that Bill Bell planted the seeds for that storyline until he realized that there is no going back when you write a story of that magnitude.

• Administrator

It was Lynn Latham's idea to kill off John, but it was Jack's idea to write him into a corner (sentenced to jail for murder). Lynn thought it would be a better idea to kill of John and keep him coming back as a ghost.

• Members

I hate, hate, HATE that they're killing off John and leaving that miserable skin cream killing !@#$%^&*] on the show. I hope John's ghosts comes back and haunt Gloria's tail off the show. LOL! Give her a real good heart attack or something.

Seriously, if Gloria remains on the show, continues to not pay for everything she has done, and ends up benefitting from John's death in any way, shape, or form... :angry:

• Members

If Gloria doesn't pay for what she has done soon, I may seriously consider abandoning the show..............I like Michael and kinda like Kevin too, but Gloria is one character on Y&R that I was ready to see go awhile ago.....

My recommendation for a murder mystery story on Y&R and Glo as the victim stll stands..... ;)

Archived