July 17-21, 2006

Toups

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YAY, DAYS!!! I am hoping the improvements coming to DAYS, unrest at B&B, and dissatisfaction in most of its fans will lead to DAYS taking the #2 spot that it deserves! But I am happy/grateful for this week, and I don't want to get too ahead of myself.

Y&R deserves its gain. The show was on fire last week.

As for PSNS, it deserves to stay stagnant. So much untapped potential, per usual!

Sad to see GH go up!

• Members

Yay for Days!

Yeah, it's called balance. Since JER's exit the show has sped up, lost the flashbacks (for the most part), has much more balance, and even though it can be boring, I don't think it has been THAT boring. JER's writing had the show moving slower than a snail. Right now the show is slower than it has been, but the improved writing still makes it watchable, IMO.

• Members

Congrats to Days for staying in third, gaining a point and keeping up momentum.

It is bound to jump due to John and Marlena's return, also. Even I am looking forward to that and hope they jump right in with a spellbinding story, like when you pick up a book and get drawn in from the first page. That would be the real turning point.

Also, I think Bo and Hope talking to each other is appealing to their fanbase, even if something is really wrong with that picture.

The quads are not interesting to me. I feel like the writers are playing with us and for me, I hate that.

• Members

I'm amazed at how little the things we think of as "common knowledge" on the message boards are known by off-liners. Even at SuperStar Weekend, any ATWT fan I met that didn't post online had no idea Oakdale Confidential was a real book, despite having commercials for it during the show. And they have no clue who the writers are or which actors are dating or what not.

• Members

My sister-in-law is back to taping DAYS every day since the J/Frankie wedding. She doesn't read the mags or go online and has no idea about any writers or any backstage goings on. That's a good sign!

• Members

Its good to see DAYS inch up again after a +.3 gain! :D I am eagerly awaiting the overall numbers to see just how close DAYS is to B&B. DAYS demos are also coming back up after they were sliding pretty bad the last few months. Hopefully with J&M returning and JER mess about to end only better things can come to DAYS ratings wise.

• Members

If DAYS do the final month or so of Jack/Jen well, they could very well challenge B&B for the #2 position.

Jack/Jen have a dedicated fanbase, who will tune in for their final scenes: after they've gone, I can't promise I'll watch DAYS all that regularly afterwards, but that's for another thread.

Archived