The "foreign soaps" topic

Huntress

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She is one of those characters who changed from a fun loving, vibrant woman to an annoying busybody whose interferance in the lives of others stopped being entertaining and just became annoying...I'm glad she's leaving.

• Administrator

HO was so good today. That last scene with Steph looking in the mirror in her wedding dress, and then seeing Tom's drawings ("my family") and then she breaking down crying on the jukebox that Max gave her. What a heartbreaking scene. :( Why/how is the dude that killed Max not in custory even if it was an accident?

• Members

After wathcing tomorrow's episode, I think you need some back-story to understand who Nial (the man who ran over Max) is. He's the child that Myra McQueen gave up for adoption years ago. He came back into town a few months back to reek havoc on her and her family for giving him up. Obviously, they don't know who he really is. He's jealous that Myra has had other children (Jacqui, Mercedes, Tina, Carmel, John Paul, and Michaela) but gave him up. By the way, giving Nial up is a secret that still haunts Myra to this day. Anyway, over the course of time, he fell for Steph, but she didn't have the same feelings for him. He tried to break Max and Steph up a couple of times and did. One time Steph saw Max with another girl, when their relationship was off, and kissed Nial. However, Max and Steph were able to work things out and get married. But Nial is still obsessed with Steph, he has feelings for her, which she just doesn't have for him. Anyway, I thought you needed the back-story for what happens at the end of tomorrow's episode. ;)

You can clearly see his hurt about being put of for adoption when Tina talks to him about the subject tomorrow. Obviously, Tina doesn't know that Nial is her half-brother. Oh that's another thing, Nial has worked his way into the McQueen family as a friend in order to carry out his "revenge" on them.

The fact that Nial is responsible for "killing" Max adds a completely new dynamic to his feelings for Steph too.

• Members

I agree, I've found myself drawn in by them too. It feels like a very personal storyline, like it's truly one person falling in love with a specific other person for who they are rather than them just going "I'm hot, you are hot, let's hook up".

Even worse when they are not on I find myself following the whole episodes on youtube because I want to know what's gonna happen to Sarah and Leonard or whether Constantin will donate his kidney. It helps that the men are gorgeous on that show.

Christian:

eyes.png

Gregor:

aj2.jpg

Sebastian:

joscha001.jpg

Constantin:

vita_bild3_maxi_1208904888.jpg

• Members

Really?! I actually like Yolande. Ya' know, sometimes characters don't need to do anything, they just need to be available for family and friend dramas. Yolande fit that bill. Yes, she's changed from the woman that arrived, but that's a change that naturally occurred after Patrick cheated on her - she's toughened up. Life does that to some people. Now they're gonna have to come up with a plausible reason for her to leave.

Friday March 21, she buried him alive. Monday March 24, she dug him up.

Some people might be interested to know that, Neighbours is conducting a writing contest for UKer's only. I entered, as it seems like a pretty cool opportunity that doesn't come along very often.

• Members

Oh, I always hated the dumb character called Patrick. :rolleyes: He was a total bore! And I understand her behaviour, it's only that she took it to a level she shouldn't have, playing the hurt diva and messing with Libby and her sister's lives... I am glad she's gone.

Friday March 21, she buried him alive. Monday March 24, she dug him up.

:)

I posted about a similar contest a few pages back. This is not a first one.

Archived