The "foreign soaps" topic

Huntress

• Administrator

Thanks for the backstory! First Clare and now Nial - HO seems to have pretty interesting villains. So Nial pushed Tina (his sister) down the stairs because she was going to give the baby up for adoption? Is Carmel like the funny one, she's used for comedy? The scene where she's about the make the citizens arrest (she's not a real cop?) and the guy runs away was pretty funny. Mercedes is pretty hot too! I just watched the July 2nd episode and there's a nice shot of her crossed legs :wub: when she's sitting down with JP, Michaela (the other brunette, who's not bad either!) and Myra.

Who was the guy Nial accused of pushing Tina?

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, as you see, he's in a pretty mentally unstable state. The whole reason he's back is to get revenge on Myra for giving him up. So Tina's talk of giving the baby up set him off.

Yes, she's kind of the ditzy blonde of the family, but she's probably the one with the most heart and love out of all of the McQueen family. She's like an auxiliary officer I guess, but she's just joined the force and probably has more steps to complete until she becomes a real cop.

Mercedes is the bitchy one, and the other brunette is Jacqui. Michaela is the youngest blonde one.

That's Fletch, who was one of Michaela's friends. He's hooked on drugs, and once set Michaela up, hence their falling out. He was an easy target for Nial, since the McQueen's already don't trust him.

• Members

HOLLYOAKS!!! OMG! I've been watching since I freakin got home from work. I LOVE IT. I don't know wtf these people are, but I love it, lol.

I've also been doing some research on some characters in between watching. I almost got the entire month of February 08 watched. I almost have the first week of February uploaded too.

:wub:

• Members

LOL! Glad you like it, Ryan!

Man, I wished you guys got into it in 2007, the whole year was amazing. The show is amazing this year too, but I really feel like if you saw some of the storylines from 2007, you'd understand a lot of these characters better now.

The whole John Paul and Craig story is on youtube. Craig left last September, but is coming back to the show this September. You guys might want to watch that story from the beginning on youtube, because I can guarantee you that John Paul and Craig's reunion is going to be a MAJOR upcoming storyline for Hollyoaks.

da33431 on youtube has the entire John Paul and Craig story from the start. :)

• Administrator

Yeah, I think you're gonna need to PM me the link! :)

I wanted to see 2007 too because of Clare. :(

And they're played by better actors? But of course it's not that hard to be a better actor than Jake Silbermann.

• Members

Shocking new ee spoiler

EASTENDERS is launching a shocking child sex abuse storyline which sees Bianca’s step-daughter raped by her hubby.

The BBC1 soap went to kids’ charity the NSPCC for guidance on the sensitive plot, based around 15-year-old Whitney Dean.

Since arriving in Albert Square, Whitney (Shona McGarty), has been involved in a string of scuffles — and cautioned by cops for a street brawl.

But her troubles get far worse following the release of Tony — the husband of mum-of-five Bianca (Patsy Palmer).

It was his prison sentence that left Bianca and her brood homeless.

But Tony — dad of three-year-old Morgan — returns to Walford to wreak devastation on the family.

He cruelly targets Whitney, who is the daughter of fiery Bianca’s dead boyfriend Nathan. And it soon becomes clear Tony has been abusing the teen for years. EastEnders bosses have yet to announce who is playing Tony.

A show insider said: “This storyline has been planned since last year. What you will see is Whitney making sly comments and worrying when she realises Tony is being released from prison.”

There have been no sex abuse plots on the soap — although Kat Slater’s daughter Zoe was the product of abuse by an uncle.

Last night a spokeswoman confirmed: “EastEnders is currently planning a future storyline which will tackle sexual abuse within the Jackson family. The programme is working very closely with the NSPCC so that this subject is accurately and sensitively portrayed.

“EastEnders has successfully drawn attention in the past to a number of sensitive issues including domestic violence, rape and HIV.”

NSPCC spokesman John Grounds said: “Programmes like EastEnders are increasingly helping to raise awareness of the hidden nature of sexual abuse.

“The NSPCC’s work on the EastEnders storyline is aimed at ensuring the portrayal of child abuse accurately reflects the damage it can do to the victim, their family and the wider community.

“This is vital in persuading people to take action to stop it and encouraging children to speak out.”

• Members

LMAO finally started watching have you. I am loving this show. I was pissed that they took it off BBC America but thank god for youtube. I love the John Paul and Craig storyline but fell inlove with the other characters as well. I loved the Becca storyline of her falling in love with her student and vice vera.

I cant wait for Craig to come back because it will be fire works.

Archived