The Suzanne Rogers Appreciation Thread

• Members

Suzanne Rogers is one of the most underappreciated actors in all of daytime. She is quite possibly the strongest actress in the DAYS cast, and she consistently finds herself at the Backburner Cafe.

As we saw during the SSK storyline, Suzanne Rogers thrives when she's giving the material. Let's hope that Hogan Sheffer will recognize the immense talent of this versatile actress and give her a storyline!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with you! SR is THE greatest actress on Days and outshines them all!

Hogan if you're listening, GIVE HER A STORYLINE!

-Maggie falls off the wagon

-Maggie falls for Victor

-Maggie gets attacked while alone in her restaurant

-Maggie succumbs to a relapse of her disease (from when she met Mickey, oh, the RED SHOES!)

So many opportunities for the legend of Salem!

• Members

I absolutely *love* Maggie/Suzanne on DAYS!!! She needs to be given a storyline like now! And I'm talking a sl worthy of her, something dramatic (but not silly dramatic) and sweet and real! They need to get John Clarke (sp?) back as Micky and get her onscreen and frontburner!

How can they be so stupid to waste her?

• Members

Suzanne Rogers is the most glamorous actress on the show. Marlena and Kate are beautiful and trendy, but SR glitters from within. She does not need the artificial props when those eyes sparkle lighting up her flaming red hair and then that huge gorgeous grin that is very individual to only her. That bod....oh my and can she use it. She was a dancer and it still shows in her movements. Her acting has improved tremendously throughout the years. Every move she makes is "Maggie Horton" on the show.

I did not like her at all for Mickey but she definitely won me over. To me, the ones that can win you over are the ones that become the most endearing. I love her and she is one reason I tuned back in after learning all those murdered were actually alive....Maggie and Alice did it :) .

• 3 months later...
  • Members

*glomps hearts hugs adores* Suzanne/Maggie. I watched this show obsesively in college between 1984-1985, but my mom and aunts had watched all my life before that. Maggie and the Hortons were like members of my family, and I always loved her! (I was a huge Marie Horton fan, but that was another story and involved a steamy, misguided, and ultimately unrequited passion for Alex Marshall...)

Kills me to see her reduced to not-thereness, especially since the Hortons OWNED that show while I was watching....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

SR is hands down, without contest, the best actress on Days.

She is amazing. she does comedy well, but we al know she truley shines at drama. Good ol classic soap opera drama!! give this women a storyline!

srsly!! not only is she an amazing actress, but the char has so much history and is such a good intesting char who they can almost do anything with.

possable maggie storylines-

Maggie/Victor stgart some odd secret affair thing

Maggie starts drinking again

Maggie raises Abby much like Alice did Jenn

Maggie decides that she wnats to do something new and starts a new carrer

frakin bring Don Craig back!!

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Suzanne Rogers is, without question, the best actress DAYS has ever had. Her work with Maggie's turn to alcohol and the SSK were outstanding. Not only has she won the *first* Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress but she's also the *only* member of the current DAYS cast to have won an Emmy for her work on the show (aside from the lovely Leann Hunley)...she's simply effervescent and a real gem. I adore this woman and would shout with joy if she were finally given a storyline of her own (and there ARE possibilities!) Triple Love Suzanne Rogers...DAYS should be ashamed of how they've wasted her!

• 2 months later...

Archived