Y&R: Someone from Victor's past returns

• Members

Dru, what do you mean recast? In the thing Cheap posted, it mentioned that this actress had played the part 93-97, 2000 and 2002.

I can't wait to see Hope for the first time! I hope this vision leads to an appearance from Victor Jr. somewhere down the road. What would they call him Vic? Junior?

I just love that Latham keeps going to the past to create story in the present. So many new headwriters create their own backstory which is so stupid when you consider there are tons of things to draw from. She also hasn't invaded Genoa City with new characters which is VERY rare for a new writer these days.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 10 2006, 06:14 PM)

Dru, what do you mean recast? In the thing Cheap posted, it mentioned that this actress had played the part 93-97, 2000 and 2002.

I can't wait to see Hope for the first time! I hope this vision leads to an appearance from Victor Jr. somewhere down the road. What would they call him Vic? Junior?

I just love that Latham keeps going to the past to create story in the present. So many new headwriters create their own backstory which is so stupid when you consider there are tons of things to draw from. She also hasn't invaded Genoa City with new characters which is VERY rare for a new writer these days.

ITA Chris and thats why Lynn's writing just seems so fresh. Her only new character thus far is Carmen and she is building her up slow, not shoving her down our throats which is also very rare. I am loving Carmen and think she is gonna be a good fit. The Brad thing also is an awesome backstory as well... its not changing history we never did know who Brad was before G.C well now she is telling us. I think its great. So far nothing but good things to say about her.

• Members

^ Dammit, I missed that! Now I must say I'm very disappointed, but when family calls, you must put that first. :( Hopefully they recast with a name actress just so there will be something special to look forward to.

Was original Hope a blonde or a brunette?

ETA:

NVM, I found this!

7693m.jpg

• Members

But Y&R has aged kids out of order before. Lily was made older than her cousin.

Because she is only there for a day and it is too late to rewrite the scene. Y&R films about four weeks ahead. Those scenes will probably be filmed this week.

• Members

That's true. LOL! For instance, Cassie should have been older than Lily. But, then that would mean Sharon was like a pre-teen when she had her. LOL!

I don't think they've made Lily older than Nate. They stopped showing him by the time Christel Khalil started playing Lily. The last time he was mentioned, Olivia said he was in boarding school, taking his SORAS vitamins I'm sure.

• Members

With Daniel being groomed at NE, I can totally see Daniel/Lily/Victor Jr. happening. And if Jack takes Daniel under his wing during Victor's absence, I doubly foresee it as a setup for Victor returning with VJ, and VJ taking a special interest in a Mrs. Romalotti. LOL I bet you Daniel would be more forgiving of Nick then, and he'd be willing to help work with him to send VJ back to the farm.

• Members

Though I love Daniel and Lily together (and depending on who was playing Victor Jr), this could definitely be an interesting storyline. I would hope though that Daniel and Lily don't catch the infidelity bug that all most of the other couples on this show have seemed to catch; that would kill it for me.

• Members

From the Savannah to Genoa City...

Beth Toussaint Coleman, probably best known for her run on Aaron Spelling's steemy primetime soap "Savannah", will sub in for Signy Coleman, it was reported yesterday by TVGuide.com.

I find it highly interesting that a second former Savannah-star hits GC - if even temporary. Perhaps LML - who wrote a lot of episodes of the second season of the series - next lures Jamie Luner to GC!? :D

• Members

This actress reminds me of Nancy Lee Grahn. And she'd seem a better fit for Ashley than Hope, of course when I picture her I see how she looked like 10 years ago so it might have changed. When I saw "Ex-Savannah star cast on Y&R" on TVGuide.com I thought of Jamie Luner. If Michelle Stafford ever leaves and they want to recast Phyllis they should consider her for the part.

I didn't know Lynn Marie Latham worked on Savannah but I sure hope she doesn't get the idea to bring Alexia Robinson's character back to Genoa City. zzzzz

• Members

Well Latham has written for tons of shows so there are lots of good former co-workers she could choose. BTW, she was the writer for Michelle Stafford/Finola Hughes' Pacific Palisades. She also did Hotel Malibu/Second Chances with Jennifer Lopez. The latter has been released on DVD.

As for Beth Toussaint. I believe she played Tracey (Bobby's girlfriend) on Dallas for a couple years. She also played Sydney's mother in the Scream films and is married to Jack Coleman (Steven from Dynasty).

Archived