X-Men 3: The Last Stand

Queen_Nubia

• Members

I don't see how Leech would be a Class 5 since his powers wouldn't affect humans.

I hope that for X4, they get Joss Whedon since he's doing the X-Men comics now. Shame that Fox did Singer dirty since the X-Men project was his baby. All they had to do was wait.

I agree this should be about Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen (with Angel becoming one of the Horsemen). Rogue could discover that she gets her powers back through the touch of a certain mutant who has flight and super strength. Gambit finally emerges as a tweener (he'll join the side that'll benefit him the most) who flirts with Rogue just cause he has genuine interest as well as he likes pushing Iceman's buttons. Rogue and Bobby start drifting further, causing him to go to Kitty while Rogue's getting more fascinated with Gambit (Have I told you how much I love this character?).

The new X-Men consists of: Wolverine, Storm (hopefully with someone new), Iceman, Rogue, Gambit, Colossus (give him the Russian accent, please?), Shadowcat, and Nightcrawler. There'd be a possibility for one or two new mutants.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's the very thing i don't understand about the whole "Class 5" thing.

Professor X who is able to kill and destroy Humans and Mutants isn't considered a class five but he is able to destory the entire world with his telepathic abilities?

Storm who is able to change the weather and generate 50-100 tornado's isn't considered a class 5 mutant?

Magneto who can take iron from the very blood stream isn't considered a class five?

It made no sense for Jean to be the only class five mutant. Especially when the show showed that there are very strong mutants and that there powers can affect others on a grand scale that was one of my biggest peeves of the film.

Rouge could also be considered as a class 5 too. Since she steals the very power of other mutants. That whole Class 5 thing needed to be written out. There are other ways to show that Jean was powerful then adding that in there.

• Administrator

Ahh...okay...thanks Mike. :)

ITA with Whedon for X4. He knows the X-Men universe very well and is a fantastic writer/director. FOX should definitely sign him after he finishes 'Wonder Woman' and 'Goners.'

• Members

I can see why she isn't a class 5. Jean and Professor X could make mince meat of her if they chose. Hell, Rogue could kill her with just a touch.

Which leads me to this issue that Ratner made Rogue look weak. He completely backtracked the character since in X2, she not only came to terms with her powers but she wanted to be an X-Man.

• Members

Well yes Jean and Professor X could easily beat her with there psychic abilites but she is still incrediablly strong. She is able to change the weather and she could bring destruction to the world with hurricanes, tornado's and could possiably create earthquakes which would turn the earth into utter choas. Storm belongs in class 5 or easily a class 4. I find it hard to believe that Storm isn't the thrid strongest X-men.

I think her power is incrediablly destructive and she could create some hell if she wanted to.

I don't think Rouge was weak. Just human. I think that something that has always been in rouge's character is her desire to touch and be normal. That isn't something that goes away. I can easily see her taking the cure. Since she feels her power is a curse. I mean who wouldn't want to take that cure given her "gift" she takes the energy and life force of the people she accidently bumps into. She isn't able to do the every day little things everyone else does. She isn't able to get close to anyone. She really has the worst power out of all of them. I think that is one of the worst things that could ever happen to a person. Not being able to touch a person they love and having those limitation because of there ability.

I think if anything they just continued with the story. In X2 Rouge kissed Bobby and they weren't able to do it for long. They couldn't even hold hands with their bare skin. I thought it would be natural for her to want the cure. Just do to that right there.

• Members

I definitely think that Storm's a powerful mutant. I'd have her at the upper level 4 or a low level 5. Jean and Professor X can easily kill her though. If Rogue touched her long enough, she could kill Storm and have her powers permanently that's why I think Rogue goes above Storm. I'd say, Professor X would be the only one who could defeat Rogue.

I know one thing though: Cyclops has the most overrated power ever.

• Members

I love the whole Class 3, Class 4, Class 5 [!@#$%^&*]! I thought it was awesome. I don't want to analyze how others aren't Class 5. I am just going to take their word for it. :lol:

I always thought a Psylocke/Gambit/Rogue love triangle would be hot as all f*ck! But Gambit and Psylocke were always my two favs so that's why I wanted that to happen. :lol: (Someone told me they did hookup in the comics, but I researched that and couldn't find anything so who knows? Anyone?) I am so mad she was in this one for like 2 seconds and was in the brotherhood! I always wanted Tia Carrere to play her in the movie. :( But oh well! She rocks!

If they do an X4, I really want to see Jubiliee be the next teen to show up and be introduced to everything as Rogue was in the first. I'd also love to see some Sentinels, which I think maybe we saw one of during the Simulation in X3?

This was when I was a reader. Ahhhh, the memories!:

x_men.jpg

I also would not mind seeing an X-Calibur or an X-Factor movie. :)

• Members

Jubilee can't be introduced because all three movies have her as a student already. I don't recall Psylocke and Gambit hooking up. If they did, it's only temporary because Gambit and Rogue are true love.

Chiaki Kuriyama would be sweet as Psylocke though.

• Members

I know Jubilee was in the second one X2. She was at that zoo feild trip thing and Storm called out her name. She had a cameo.

The reason i didn't like it was just because it didn't go with the second movie. How can Professor X not be a class five when he was capable of killing all humans and mutants in the world with only his mind? I thought that was quite dumb.

I had a few other gripes but overall i thought it was a good movie. Not as good as X2 but better then X1. The Phoniex part of the story was really good as well as the Cure part but i felt that having Cyclops die as well as killing off Jean for the second time was not needed. Is this going to keep happening? Have Jean die in each movie?

I also thought that James did a brilliant job in the few scenes he had. He really does well with his material which i never noticed before. I also liked that there were only a few mutants on the X men team. Kitty, Bobbie, Storm, Beast, Wolverine and Collosis (sp?)

I liked that Rouge got the cure.

• Members

I just came from seeing it and I was dissapointed bc it was nowhere as good as the first 2 films

I thought the story was kind of weak. The cure plot just didnt cut it. After 2 movies, I got sick of seeing Magneto and wish they had gone a different route here. I thought hte Phoenix stuff was handled horribly. Its very complicated and the had to make adjustments, but it just didnt come off good to me. I didnt think her resurrection was really handled well and she didnt seem to do much besides go crazy. I felt they didnt do enough of a good job at making us connect with her as a character. I didnt feel like we saw Jean here. I wish the movie had been just about her bc I felt they sacrified character development here to focus on the cure plot and its very apparent.

Not a big fan of Wolverine and this seemed more about him than even the other films. They played this off like some love story between him and Jean and downplayed Scott's role in her life. I wish he wasnt killed off and that he was in the final battle. His death was also handled bad and I wish we had seen it. Speaking of deaths, the Xavier one was suprising. When I saw Jean ripping the room apart, I was thinking, why wasnt he dead with all that energy and then he did die. I didnt believe they'd actually go there.

Anyone else feel like the actual X-team was lacking? I mean it was 3 vets and 3 students. I understood Iceman and Colossus, but why was Kitty allowed along with them? I felt the team was rather lame compared to the ones in X1 and X2. I did like seeing more of Collossus though since he didnt do much before and I liked Kitty. I thought she and Bobby were cute, but I wish Rogue had stuck around bc there could have been some great scenes with those 3.

The Brotherhood however was really good and I loved the new additions, especially Callisto. She was great and probably my favorite new character. I loved her atittude and she was a great addition. I also liked Juggernaut but he's not a mutant. They changed his character bc he's supposed to be Xavier's stepbrother too.

I thought it was good that Storm's role got bumped up. I bet Halle Berry was loving that after the stuff she said before. Storm finally seemed like a lead character. I ddint feel like she was the leader of the team though and wish the movie had made that more clear especially with Cyclops and Xavier gone. I just wasnt clear enough to me. I did love the special effects with her character and the fight with Callisto was really good.

Overall, the movie was okay, but it wasnt as good as it could have been. I would probably give it 3 stars The first 2 were soooo much better, especially the last one. This one was 1 hour and 44 minutes but I felt it was way too short bc it seemed like they were trying to accomplish so much. The story wasn't good and there wasnt enough character development. I didnt feel connected at all. I did love the final battle though but even that felt rushed

• Members

WOW. I thought this was just as good if not better than the first two and I thought the movie was excellent. I've loved X-Men since forever and understand both argument sides here, but I think overall the movie was just too awesome.

VERY VERY miffed about the scene at the end of the credits. Can someone PLEASE tell me what it is? PM me if you do not want to spoil it. I wish someone had said something at the theatre... I mean EVERYONE left the theatre.

Still just a fricken awesome flick!

• Members

the thing is you cant go by the show (you're talking about the cartoon from the 90s right? Jean, as Phoenix, is the most powerful mutant. Xavier cant destroy the entire world with his powers. He needs Cerebo to amplify his powers to reach that big a scale. Taking iron from one's blood doesnt make Magneto a class 5. Thats equivalent of him tossing a dime across the room as iron is still metal. He's pretty strong, but not as strong as Jean can be. Xavier and Magneto are already at their full potential. What we saw in the movies is as strong as they are.

Jean however did NOT reach her potential, thanks to the mental blocks placed by Xavier. We got to see a taste of how she can be here in X3 as she was able to manipulate molecules at a massive scale. Can Xavier or Magneto do that? In the comics, she was able to erase an entire timeline just by thinking about it and destryoing an entire star system. None of the other mutants can top that. They were sort of following the books by including the class system. The highest class is classified as an omega mutant and she is one as well as Iceman. Magneto, Xavier, Storm and Rogue arent classified as one.

Rogue would actually be a class 1 if they classified her. All she can do is steal powers and that hinges on the fact that she actually touches someone. In battle, she most likely couldnt even get close enough to any of the powerful mutants in this movie to even do that. And even if she does manage to touch someone, unless she holds onto them for an extended amount of time, the transfer isnt permanent. As a mutant, she steals powers, but they are not hers, so thats why she isnt a class 5. If she were to permanently steal from a class 5, then she could be considered one, but by herself, nope she's not.

His file said Leech and his mutant power was to cancel out any powers of any mutant near him. I have no idea how the gov't got him, but someone probably noticed him. Magneto wanted to kill him bc it was his DNA that was creating the cure.

Archived