X-Men 3: The Last Stand

Queen_Nubia

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to Bryan Singer, Angela Bassett was originally offered the part of Storm before production began on the original X-Men, but she demanded an obscene amount of money and they went with Berry.

Storm is my favorite character in the X-Men family, and I'm happy that Berry stood up for herself and told producers to give her character a more substantial part in the movie other than one or two lines intermittenly. According the the makers, she is an integral part of TLS, and I couldn't be happier.

• Members

You may still get the chance. They have hinted that this may not be it. They are promoting it as the last act of a trilogy and want to see how people react to the new director taking over for Singer. I think if this movie does well or better then the first they will do more but it all depends. Berry has said this is it for her and Jackman is doing his Wolverine spinoff but did say he would be back. All the cast is up for renewals but they did say the actor playing Juggernaut in this film has been signed through a possible 6th fil so who knows.

This movie looks great and is my number one film to see. I am an X-Men die hard and I heard this film is supposed to be epis, emotional, character driven, and action packed. They are trying to make it so the X-Men show more of their powers and so that diehards get their dream film. Famke Janessen is going to rock this film!!!

• Members

I'd've dished out the money for Angela over Halle. Halle just does not do that character justice. Ororo Munroe is supposed to be this kick ass regal figure, and Halle doesn't give her that. Angela can play the tough, take no [!@#$%^&*] attitude that Storm has.

• Administrator

My favorites are Magneto and Wolverine so I'm been happy with the two movies. I'm sure they'll be showcased a lot in X3 too and I can't wait for their prequels.

So can Halle. They just haven't given her anything to do in X1 and X2.

• Members

I agree. Love the dynamic between Jean/Scott/Logan. I know that with James Marsden in a major role for Superman, that he will have only a limited role in the film unfortunately. I just hope they don't screw up the Dark Phoneix Saga (BTW, Marvel has re-released the original Dark Phoenix Saga in a graphic novel. Check your local bookstore).

Archived