Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
New episodes weekdays at 6:00 a.m. ET/3:00 a.m. PT on Peacock
Stream Anytime. On Any Device.

DAYS: August 2026 Discussion Thread

Featured Replies

  • Member
2 hours ago, TEdgeofNight said:

John Oliver reading from the prompter is hilarious. He rarely looked Julie into her eyes (which are beautiful) because he was reading the prompter.

If I remember the interview correctly, Ken Corday said that John had 60 pages of dialogue and came to the studio knowing it all. So I was surprised to see him reading the prompter so much.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Michael
    Michael

    "So then she almost cheated on Abe with his brother... then she did cheat on him with his son... and then she met this hot young guy named TEK and cheated with him..."

  • carolineg
    carolineg

    That's a really good point. I don't know how I would describe Lexie to a new actor either. You could read the character bio and be like WTF? I suppose I would rely heavily on James Reynolds for his

  • Michael
    Michael

    I think we would've at least appreciated SEEING Renee Jones again, so that would've added some value. But yeah. This was a mess. And I don't disagree that Nikki Crawford played Lexie as unlikable a lo

Posted Images

  • Member

I had no idea who John Oliver was before he begged to be on soaps and GH and Days took him up on his offer. Just looked on Peacock and Nope, Days isn’t in the Top 10 shows. John Oliver didn’t move the needle for Days.

  • Member
5 hours ago, JAS0N47 said:

If I remember the interview correctly, Ken Corday said that John had 60 pages of dialogue and came to the studio knowing it all. So I was surprised to see him reading the prompter so much.

His appearance was a bust. I don’t even know who this guy (John Oliver) is and they insert him into the show and provide obvious prompters and throw the whole balance off. Why? Who is he?

  • Member

No John Oliver today!

But there really needed to be some follow-up with Ari and Aaron. That's just Soap Writing 101. And the fact that we didn't get any was the wrong choice.

I did like seeing Theo on the case of Lexie's disappearance though, and I wouldn't mind Marlena continuing to have a part in it either. She was very smart today, both with Theo and with Paulina.

It was also nice seeing Steve try to smarten Alex up lol I have mixed feelings about them having such a buddy-buddy relationship though. A lot more drama can be mined, and another beat could be added to the whole Stephanie/Alex/Joy mess if the two of them didn't like each other.

And as always... #PoorPeter#FreeDimitri

Seriously, his declarations of love to Leo make me want to throw up. And it's too bad, because I thought Peter Porte did a really good job today. I'll never buy Leo as being so selfless though. With the way Leo is, I wouldn't even be surprised if he's just trying to act selflessly in order to just tell himself that he's not a horrible person. Plus, Rafe was his typical douchy self too lol but at the same time, I'm somewhat intrigued by the offer he made to Gwen today. I wouldn't mind seeing that all play out once they're back in Salem. Hopefully, Dimitri is a part of it too somehow.

  • Member
20 hours ago, TEdgeofNight said:

John Oliver reading from the prompter is hilarious. He rarely looked Julie into her eyes (which are beautiful) because he was reading the prompter. So stupid! Why Days felt the need to insert this crap into the show is head scratching.

"If you say my eyes are beautiful..."

Susan: "You would have to LOOK ME IN THE EYE!!!!"

  • Member
14 hours ago, TEdgeofNight said:

His appearance was a bust. I don’t even know who this guy (John Oliver) is and they insert him into the show and provide obvious prompters and throw the whole balance off. Why? Who is he?

He's hosted a weekly late night show on HBO for the last 13 years, "Last Week Tonight."

  • Member
21 hours ago, JAS0N47 said:

If I remember the interview correctly, Ken Corday said that John had 60 pages of dialogue and came to the studio knowing it all. So I was surprised to see him reading the prompter so much.

That's such an odd thing for Ken to say...maybe it just sounded good in an interview.

I think they were never going to get a big boost from John appearing, but his episodes not airing until over a month after the announcement may not have helped.

  • Member
1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

That's such an odd thing for Ken to say...maybe it just sounded good in an interview.

I think they were never going to get a big boost from John appearing, but his episodes not airing until over a month after the announcement may not have helped.

Is John Oliver, or his show that popular enough to give Days a big boost? I've never seen an episode so I really don't know.

  • Member
34 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Is John Oliver, or his show that popular enough to give Days a big boost? I've never seen an episode so I really don't know.

John has a lot of fans and is constantly written about in the press, but probably not.

  • Member
3 hours ago, JAS0N47 said:

He's hosted a weekly late night show on HBO for the last 13 years, "Last Week Tonight."

Yep, and John Oliver has won 21 Emmys. His show "Last Week Tonight" has won 32 Emmys, so we're talking about someone who's a big name.

17 hours ago, TEdgeofNight said:

Just looked on Peacock and Nope, Days isn’t in the Top 10 shows. John Oliver didn’t move the needle for Days.

Are we sure that Peacock even considers DAYS for their Top 10 any longer?

We used to see the show consistently in the Top 10 -- and now we never do. Seems to me that a decision was made not to include the show.

I know that Paramount+ also ignores the soaps when it comes to their Top 10.

  • Member

I still haven't seen yesterday's pectoral episode. Was gong to watch it last night and forget.😂

  • Member
53 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

Yep, and John Oliver has won 21 Emmys. His show "Last Week Tonight" has won 32 Emmys, so we're talking about someone who's a big name.

Are we sure that Peacock even considers DAYS for their Top 10 any longer?

We used to see the show consistently in the Top 10 -- and now we never do. Seems to me that a decision was made not to include the show.

I know that Paramount+ also ignores the soaps when it comes to their Top 10.

I think you are correct about the Peacock thing. It was consistently in the Top 10, disappeared one day never to reappear. That seems nearly impossible unless everyone left to pirate streams.

  • Member
1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

John has a lot of fans .

I had no idea 😂

Hopefully, some of them tuned in.

57 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

Are we sure that Peacock even considers DAYS for their Top 10 any longer?

We used to see the show consistently in the Top 10 -- and now we never do. Seems to me that a decision was made not to include the show.

I know that Paramount+ also ignores the soaps when it comes to their Top 10.

Exactly.

I think we've all had this discussion before lol but I always thought that maybe Peacock purposely doesn't include it in the list. The way it just disappeared from the list one day, without even dropping first always felt weird.

And it disappeared before Paula/Jeanne really started to get boring 😂

15 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I still haven't seen yesterday's pectoral episode. Was gong to watch it last night and forget.😂

It was the best one of the week so far... and not just because of that 😂😂

  • Member

Tate😍

The rest of the show ff.

Thursday's episode I tried watching, but the scenes with Dimitri and Leo were gag-vomit bad. I just couldn't.

  • Member
1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

Thursday's episode I tried watching, but the scenes with Dimitri and Leo were gag-vomit bad. I just couldn't.

I made it through and it was just as nauseating as you think 🤮

It’s a very strange feeling to be so excited to see an actor but at the same time be so utterly repulsed by his scenes 😂😂😂

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.