Rosie O'Donnell to Replace Viera on The View!

Queen_Nubia

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 30 2006, 03:40 AM)

She also mentioned that they'll do two shows in one day now. BTW, I got this from the Ask Ro section of her website. She will answer any question you send her. Someone asked her what shes going to do when Elizabeth goes on one of her ultraconservative rants and she said, "I can't wait." LOL! I'm so glad Bitsy (and Star) could be getting the smackdown they deserve.

So, will THE VIEW no longer be a live show?! Can't say I blame ABC, but damn, that was part of the appeal of the show.

I guess they are worried Rosie and the ladies will be too much for each other.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I've said many times that I would LOVE for there to be a smart conservative on the show like Rachel Campos (Real World SanFran) who was up for Bitsy's job. My problem with Bitsy is that shes a moron and makes no sense. She makes Republicans look like morons. I don't want an all liberal panel, but I must ask that the Conservative be up to par with the others.

I think it will only be pretaped one day a week.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 30 2006, 04:06 PM)

I've said many times that I would LOVE for there to be a smart conservative on the show like Rachel Campos (Real World SanFran) who was up for Bitsy's job. My problem with Bitsy is that shes a moron and makes no sense. She makes Republicans look like morons. I don't want an all liberal panel, but I must ask that the Conservative be up to par with the others.

Oh, thanks. After posting that I thought that comment was yours (about intelligent Conservatives), but couldn't recall.

• Members

Well I haven't liked Rosie for awhile now, once she dropped her "facade" of niceness, I got sick of how two-faced she was.

Anyways I can't stand Starr, so if ratings go up with Rosie joining that is gona piss Starr off-can't wait to see that ;)

I never much cared for Meredith, something about her always rubbed me the wrong way.

Anways the View will be nothing but a !@#$%^&*]fest once Rosie joins, the bickering will be worse with Rosie on the show.

I like Joy, so if it's Joy and Rosie vs. Starr that would be awesome B)

• Members

Oh my gosh, I just skimmed through several of the posts...what a HORRIBLE Web site.

Oh my God, Rosie O'Donnell, you SUCK SO MUCH!! :lol::lol:

I mean, back when she had her show, she had a decent site...of course, that was before she revealed her irrational brand of liberal politics...that site is a WAR ZONE now! Damn. And I can't take the poems. I mean, she writes everything in her blog like a poem.

Earth to Rosie: YOUR POEMS SUCK. And they're not poems. You just wrote them in the form of poetry but art they are NOT.

God, what is wrong with this woman? I remember loving her like Kenny and now...I just shake my head. That site of hers now is so shameful.

• Members

OMG, this is going to be really interesting to watch! Either it's going to be amazing or it's going to be a train wreck.

And I agree that it's fine to have someone who's conservative on the show, but Elisabeth is a moron. She can't even support her reasons for why she believes certain things. She must be one of those people who is a Republican or Democrat because their parents are. I remember during the 2004 election, the only good things she could say about Dubya was that he's cute! :blink: That must have been the only reason she voted for him, and that Dick Cheney reminded her of her grandfather.

I have a feeling that she's one of those people who don't even know what a lesbian is. :lol:

And I totally disagree with her...Bush looks like a combination of an elf and a monkey...like on one of those "If they mated" segments on Conan.

• Members

Elisabeth cannot defend her opinions at all. She makes random, arbitrary statements but can't back them up. Rosie is the same way but she's louder and has no self-restraint. Elisabeth has no chance.

Usually its Meredith who tries to see things from an unbiased point of view and play devil's advocate. I can't wait for the moderator-less View. Great trainwreck TV.

• Members

I think Rosie's show went out on top. I dont think her coming out had any effect. But that was a while back, so... LOL, don't quote me.

I personally don't see a lot of fighting. We're all jumping to conclusions about what will happen and what won't happen. Just sit back and enjoy the ride...

• Members

Oh, I agree. Her show definitely went out on top, it was just Rosie herself who went straight to the gutter. For the record, I was one of the people who were fooled by her supposed crush with Tom Cruise. I feel for all her "old Catholic memories" from when she was a little girl and the whole "Queen of Nice" schtick. Hell, it shocked the HELL out of me when I learned she was a lesbian. But even moreso when we all saw how "left" she was. Granted, there were shades of it on her show when she attacked Tom Selleck regarding the NRA, but she generally kept a pretty restrained demeanor. Slowly, however, politics entered the arena and you could see her push the Democrats' agenda. And that's all fine and good (having opinions) but when you're serving Middle America and it's a one-woman "fun" show for everybody like The Rosie Show, taking a strong political stance and alienating half of your audience isn't exactly the smartest thing in the world to do.

Even so, I believe she came out on top, show-wise. And I'm still miffed at how fooled I was, especially by her infamous final shot for the Rosie Show, which had Tom Cruise mowing her lawn. Since then, when she got the worst haircut of anybody ever, opened her loudmouth on every issue from A to Z and showed her true colors (as opposed to the whole "queen of Nice" routine), it's all been downhill. And once again, that BLOG of hers. That, frankly, is just [!@#$%^&*]. And it's not her politics either...it's just that it's [!@#$%^&*]! Like I pointed out earlier, it's all written in poetry form and none of it is a poem or anything. It's not art! It's not even interesting!

katerine mcphee

love idol

picked up kids

me 44

bush sucks

oprah rich

size 6

tennis shoe

got off

trainwreck

GIVE ME A [!@#$%^&*] BREAK already! :lol:

• Members

I'm still sad to see Meredith go, but I'm really looking forward to watching with Rosie joining the show. I think it'll be tense (especially at first) but will add a new dynamic to the show (which it really needs!)

I think Rosie will definitely watch what she says on the show....because otherwise people will start tuning out and Babs wouldn't want that!

• Members

It didn't shock me that Rosie was a lesbian, I knew since her VH1 days she was queer but I don't care who people sleep with.

I really couldn't get into her show because of the way she fawned over celebrities and broke out into song (and let's face it, she can't sing worth a lick). However, I do give her props for not being trashy like Jerry and Maury.

But as soon as she left her show, she became everything she told Bill O'Reilly she wouldn't, someone who won't shut up about their sexuality. She blasted Ellen DeGeneres for being so public about being a lesbian, and now look what's happened. Ellen has a hit talk show and has gotten people to like her again and is become one of the most geunine and popular celebs out there. Rosie has alienated tons of people with her attitude.

Karma's a !@#$%^&*], ain't it?

• Members

Mrs. Jones-Renyolds has more than Rosie to worry about...

barbaraandstargoth.jpg

"You can't even mention Star's name around Barbara. She hates her. Really can't stand her."

- Page Six, citing a source, on the chilly relationship between The View co-host and eventual demise of Jones-Reynolds

Is Barbara, Not Rosie, Star's Real Problem?

The latest development in View-gate: Sources tell the New York Post that Star Jones' days on the talker may be numbered not because her sometime denouncer Rosie O'Donnell is joining the show, but because Star's bid to succeed Meredith Vieira in the "moderator" role has been categorically snuffed by Barbara Walters. "You can't even mention Star's name around Barbara," a spy tells the Post. "She hates her. Really can't stand her." A rep for Walters responds, "Star has never angled for the moderator position [and] can stay on The View as long as she wants to." Or until she needs more time off to undergo another "diet."

• Members

Star's contract is up this summer from what I've read. I really want Star to stay just to see World War III on THE VIEW.

I'd make Star the moderator just to see Rosie interrupt her and steal her spotlight.

If they get rid of Star, who would replace her? It would have to be someone with the same "diva" attitude Star has so the other two women can knock her down a peg or two.

Or they could pick me. I'd LOVE to be on THE VIEW.

Archived