NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Toups

• Members

Regardless of who the Oil play, I'll be cheering for them all the way...but I would like to see Carolina make it to the finals...because if the Oil shouldn't win I would rather see the Canes win the cup than Buffalo!

But of course the Oil are going to win...right! *knocks on wood*

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

**Sniff Sniff**

My Sabres incredibly magical season is over. I'm sad, but I'm so proud of my boys for what they accomplished and for what they overcame.

Nikki

Oh, and go Oilers go. It'd make my day to see a sweep after those arrogant, whiny, hypocritcal S.O.Bs took the East.

• Members

Okay...I wanna go cry now. I literally have tears in my eyes. :(

Craig McTavish just revealed that Roloson's not coming back for the rest of the series! Oh, man..the guy looked like he was about to cry..he looked soo sad! I was hoping it wasn't a serious injury but it looks like it is. I just can't help but feel really sad about this..Roloson was a huge factor in the Oilers getting this far and even if they manage to win the Cup..it won't be the same not having had him around to really contribute to the finals. :( However, Don Cherry is giving Ty Conklin a lot more credit so hopefully...Cherry's right. Conklin did make that one good save before making that stupid move hanging around behind the net so that Carolina could score on an open net. :blink:

Pronger making history scoring on a penalty shot in the Finals...wow. :D This is the first time I've seen a penalty shot so I was really confused about what the heck was going on at first.

This is going to be a very tight series...or not..depending on how Conklin is as a goalie.

• Administrator

Roly is out for the rest of the finals?? IT'S OVER! Congrats on Carolina being the Stanley Cup champs.

I can't believe EDM lost game 1. Horrible news all around.

How about good ole CAnadian kid, Cam Ward? That save with 3 seconds left - holy shit!

• Members

Yeah, this is the worst thing that could ever happen to the Oilers. :(

I won't lost faith until Carolina leads the series 3-0..*knocks on wood and hopes this doesn't happen*...Edmonton has really quick, strong players and if they can keep scoring goals and keep their defense strong, they can still win this.

Archived