NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Toups

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ughh..I was listening to the radio as well. :(

I just found out that the last (and only) time a team won the Stanley Cup when they were trailing 3-1 in the series was Toronto in 1942. :blink: So the chances of the Oilers winning the next 3 games is next to zero. But then again, the final score didn't have a big gap between the two teams...Markkanen is playing really well. What the Oilers need to do is to AVOID penalties and to score on powerplays...I can't believe they didn't score on a 2-man advantage. :(

Things would have been so much more different had they not blown their 3-0 lead back in Game 1. :unsure:

• Members

That was such a GREAT game!!! :o Nervewracking doesn't even begin to describe it! :blink:

PISANI!!! OMG...I soo agree with the commentator who said they need to start making casting calls because this makes for an unbelievably good story! :D Me and my mom were screaming so loud when he scored that goal...I'm sure the neighbours out front heard us (my dad heard my neighbours at the backyard.. :lol: ) Wow..I really thought it was over when Staios got that penalty..pheww!!!

I LOVED all the various shots of distraught and devastated Cane fans. They really couldn't believe they hadn't won. I feel so bad.. :unsure: I couldn't stop laughing when they panned to this kid who looked like he was gonna cry.. :P

• Members

Interesting...:lol:

Arghh...I'm at work till 6:30 tomorrow..I'm going to miss the anthem (our opera guy singer is a gazillion times better than the chick who sings over at Carolina..her tone and rhythm sucks). :( Hopefully, we'll be let out early.

darraholic, have you heard the Fernando song??? I LOVE it! :lol:

Archived