Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Fabulous. I can't wait to see the whole article.

I'm laughing my way through the comment sections in various message boards. Do people even realize how a soap is supposed to work? It's almost as if they want constant koolaid and to be pacified into easy watching. Daytime - as TG so aptly put it - is about bleeding all over the place. I think the constant nostalgic focus on the 80's and SuperCouples has dulled the viewership. The amazing part of daytime is enduring the "hair models" who see this as a stepping stone while embracing the truly gifted who can bring an incredible range to the screen from almost nothing, and do it quickly. This is not the place for Divas who have to build themselves into the moment. This is the place to truly look at the human condition and the ramification of actions.

I'm not invested into the characters who die - they're all fiction anyway. I'm here to watch the story in the hands of masters, and for too long we haven't gotten any of that. I now can't wait to see how this plays out.

• Members

So...

The other day the TV in my bedroom went completely haywire. The picture was crooked and there was a freakin rainbow across the screen. Being as I am, I wanted a new TV in my room! I always watch TV before bed...I just havent had time to get out to the store for a new one.

So, I happened to be in my attic a couple days ago looking at some old stuff, and came across the 13 inch Sylvania TV I bought way back in 1998. I didn't even remember that I had it, but I decided to bring it down to my room....Let me tell you, this thing is old enough to have a built in VHS player. A good 13 years old.

I plug it in...And not only does it work, it gets a better picture than the other TV I had in my room.

I find it funny and frustrating that the cheap little 13 inch tv I bought 13 years ago still works, while the super expensive LCD TV I bought in 2009...doesn't.