The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

alanmonicaforever, you have a PM. :)

There was a picture insider on SoapDish. Not sure of the validity, but it had a picture of Tracy (rather Jane) + a picture of Luke (actually Tony) = A picture of a porcupine... Meaning not all will be running smoothly for them.

halee, will watch the clip soon. Thanks for posting. I've heard about that and have wanted to see it.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sounds like a good plan, halee. I don't enjoy the controvery either. If I had more time for it, that would be one thing, but I don't. On top of that, it almost seems that the more popular LuNacy becomes, the more the laura/lnl-er fans scream for them, and Tracy, to be torn down.

And I hear you on Obama. If only SOC posts could be traded for votes... At least we know the latter counts. As far as LuNacy goes, I think the die is cast and it depends on Tony and his retirement. Given his friendship with Jane, and his acknowledgement of what she has done for his character, I hope he will use his clout to see that the integrity of *her* character is maintained.

Edited by GroovyTracyQ

• Members

OMG halee sorry I forgot but i fell off the wagon on soc because they think laura is the end all be all and i cant take it. esp. they trying to call you out and then throwing up quotes from years ago.

I.

Cant

TAKE.

It!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by funny1

• Members

Ok, I do understand the whole "grain of salt" mentality but if any of that bologna about luke kissing Laura and he stays there and Tracy basically wimpers and shrinks out the backdoor--I know she says he belongs to her but that's not a hell of a lot of fight for someone like Tracy, especially who just made a big stink about not giving up easily-- I am going to be one peeved viewer. I mean peeved after I shrink out the backdoor, also, and crying a bit over the demise of my fave couple. Writers- in the fact that you are willing to destroy Tracy, making it quite well known that she has never actually been LOVED and especially in this capasity, where it is more that just some kind of business deal or where she is somehow benifited whether there is love or not... that you will make her bow out to preserve the LnL fans' feelings about the couple that has not exsited for a good how many years? and she will come back into luke's life, yet again, as sloppy seconds.... I think I'll hate you most of all.

I figure as long as I changed it around a bit I'm not actually stealing from Wizard of Oz, right?

Oh well. That's the newest GH tidbit that is tap dancing all over my VERY last nerve. I loved the last scenes yesterday. How do they have the nerve to have her say that, tease us with this Tracy we know and love and then have her "fight" be the equivalant of "um, just so you know, he's mine now. But it's ok if I give him back" What are they, 5? Well, no because five year olds are smarter than that. But, I mean, comeo on!! They have her say that, leave thinking she's beaten but she gets him back because Laura leaves for France?! What the hell, is that supposed to be like she won!? I don't know what kind of sport those writers played but it's a little like throwing the game (psst... that's breaking the rules!) In case they wanted to break her down just a little bit more, they made her a woman that everyone she knows, including family hates, her marriages have all been shams and they use her even though she generally falls in love with them. This one she fells hard, like off a skyscraper, and so did he. She always thinks that she is second best to him, but it was never really an issue (well, except the last time) it was just whether or not to trust him. Now, how can she?! He pledges him love to her and says she's second to none, tries over and over again to convince her that she is theo ne he loves and all he'll ever want again.... and down floats the angel, complete with the glowing aura (a little duller now, cuz, ya know, she's boring as hell) and he gets distracted and out she goes!!!! Come on. I mean, Come the hell ON!!!!!

If this is even remotely close to what happens. I'm getting on a plane (with my newly aquired vaca b/c my flight to India was postponed till next year so I can take a trip whenever I want now) going to the home of (family name)WEST... yes, they have a title out the, kinda dorking but it is what it is anfd i love 'em for it... stayin a day or two to carb up and get all my energy, then I'm marching right down, hell I'll do it on foot if I have to, and staging a sit in right atthe entrance of the damned studio. I swear I will! Who's with me????!! I guess It wouldn't be so bad either, if we got to see Jane... then again, I guess I'd have to be licky enough that my protest landed on the one day a year she actually works. Maybe she just hangs out on set... nostalgia and all.

Anyway, I'm takin' names if anyone wants to join. Could be fun, I'll make all my mommy's food, break out the italian deserts and pastries/ cookies (ooh, biscotti!) We could make a whole day out of it! Why not have a good time if I'm gonna be there anyway

edit- Hi Funny and Groovy!!

Edited by knh

• Members

Funny, here you go. Have at it...

Interview spring of 2008...

Well, I've been very, very lucky in the last five years or so to be able to work with Jane Elliot, because I've been a huge fan of her for my entire career in soaps. She and I are both the same age, and I think she was on the show a year before I was. She also came and went and did other shows. But because I have this compadre, this colleague who shares my history and my history with the show, I haven't felt as isolated.... So I've been really fortunate to be able to grow and mature without resentment because it is difficult when you were the focus of the show and having great story all the time to be back-burnered and sort of moved over into the more supporting category, unless you have someone as spectacular as Jane to work with. And that has been really a saving grace for me in the last few years.

From Cyndi Rinehart's soap segment in March or April of this year...

My favorite co-star is Jane Elliot. We have waited to work together for thirty years and they finally put us together a couple of years ago. I've never had so much fun or been so challenged by anyone before.

It's a very good dynamic that we have together and the characters are such an unlikely

combination but, in truth, they're quite perfect together.

• Members

Nancy, was the first one from the Leeza Gibbons interview?

funny, I posted the Cindi Rinehart one. Do you want to post the other?

~

I am looking forward to seeing Tracy interact with the kids on Monday... Will be funny to see how in the world they end up running into each other in LA 'cause didn't Tracy leave already???

hooked, hope you are having a good time with all those people over! I should try doing a Halloween get-together next year. BTW, I want to see pictures of you in your costume. :P

• Members

Ms. Q, the first quote was from an Entertainment Weekly interview. I'll see if I can find a date. I know it was earlier this year, though.

I'm thinking they run into each other at the airport, too.

EDIT: Couldn't find a date, but it was shortly after the Leeza Gibbons interview. In fact, TG mentions something about how doing the show is as close to the stage as you can get because it's three cameras. When I read that, I thought...Hmmm, I know where you learned that from...Jane! :D (Remember her saying that in the radio interview?)

In the EW interview, most of the questions were about gf. <_< So, he brought up Jane totally on his own.

Edited by GroovyTracyQ

• Members

Hey, funny. If you want any more quotes, just thought of the one from Tony's acceptance speech at the Emmys in May...

...And I'm grateful to my partner in crime, Jane Elliot. She makes me better.

He said more about her, but I just love that part. :)

Edited by GroovyTracyQ