• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

A nice experiment that was probably doomed from the get-go. You really can’t go home again. 

This is why we need a Michael Logan. A soap journalist attached to a powerful brand who isn’t scared of pissing off TPTB. We need a Patrick Mulcahey exit interview, STAT.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I guess they assumed they would get more of a boost from Jason's return then they did, and Mulcahey was the scapegoat. 

We all pretty much knew this wasn't going to work out, we knew Frank and ABC were not going to ever take a risk on anything beyond the bare minimum, but I'm disappointed there was not more time given. 

And we can't even say they were kowtowing to fans because most of the fan anger I saw on Twitter was often toward Korte, who will still get to write whatever Carly and Joss centered material she wants.

I really don't know if I believe the ratings will go up any even if they try to pull out the greatest hits - what ARE the greatest hits now anyway? 

• Members

FV clearly never was behind this hire or losing his trained writers, which is why Van Etten is back. The show was much improved but also deeply schizophrenic and stuck in the mire. Now Frank gets to keep control and reset. Sad, predictable but I don't have to watch it.

• Members

Damn.

Although I was hoping everything would work out, the minute I saw Chris Van Etten's name back in the credits, I knew the end was nigh.

Yeah, we're gonna need an exit interview from Mulcahey to explain why this did not work out.

• Members

It never can be said enough about the long-term rot in the genre due to the likes of DC becoming the mainstay for "journalism," and before that, Corday and others clamping down on the soap magazines.

• Members

I still say PM wasn't allowed to write for the characters/stories he wanted to. FV was still pulling the strings.

But to rehire a fired writer again?

Please register in order to view this content