B&B: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And even more embarrassing - veterans that are made to repeat the same dialogue for 3 months in a row, Brooke crying... defending her daughter for the 1337283838th time or smiling and telling Ridge how happy she is with him - WHY? After 8 failed marriages with this guy, maybe it's time to move on, girl.

• Members

I didn't even know who to @ in here because I've not watched much in weeks.  But, the 10 toes and Sheila and Deacon (this has got to be a joke) - and them allowing him to WATCH a cremation, LOLLLLLL hahahaha.  and IT HAD 10 TOES!  Comedic stuff.  I have seen a clip of that and I think there was a funeral.  

Anyway, I can't read through everything here in the thread, but - Zende can be dead to me for what I've seen.  This is the character who married Nicole (?  right?) - so the caring dude that watched his wife carry a baby for the brother/sister - whatever.  And I heard him say one day - 'you mean our night together...or the night we spent together"  or similar.  EW.  JUST EW.  He's a rapist.  It makes no sense, but he could go for me.  Out.

But - RJ and Luna and the created angst what I saw yesterday part of - and today.  Why are we talking about an accidental drug taking accident - and why would RJ not understand that? It's like, manufactured non-reality.  Most men are going to understand if she took drugs by accident.  And, I agree he should confront Zende.  The problem is (one of the comments I saw) - there's no chemistry so who cares?  Among any of this 3.  And a more believable thing would be to give Luna some teeth in the character - DO HAVE her blame Zende too, just for kicks.  Helps save face if you really love RJ, and could reveal a character flaw like her mother (maybe Li was right?)?  But what I saw, it's like manufactured somehow, in a not natural way.  I don't know.  Not enough to care about there.

But God, the 10 toes and IS she ALIVE.  (Of course she would be, it's Sheila for God sake - that's why it's not interesting).  They will never rid themselves of this character.  

• Members

Only one punch? RJ should've continued hitting Zende. The scenes were flat especially with Poppy being blamed and Zende repeating he didn't know. I could go on and on about this story but I'm not.

I might continue watching to see if charges are brought against Zende. I have a hunch RJ is going to demand Luna press charges or they're finished as a couple. 

Hope and Liam are boring together. Liam is boring period.

The 10 toes non sense ...enough said.

• Members

WTH? Liam was fine for his first few years but it happens when writers won’t let his character grow. When he joined and Lope started + Steffy it was definitely a refreshing take for this show and the younger generation/audience. But after nearly 15 years that character is exhausted but I would never say he’s the worst thing that ever happened to bold coz there was great stuff with him going on between 2010-2013/14. 

RJ is growing on me. I don’t even think that the acting is that bad. Ofc there is room for improvement. I’ve met LA youngsters and people in their 20‘s (coz I’ve been one of them lol) and they definitely behave/act like RJ‘s, Luna‘s.. 

Its such a shame that GH wasted SK as AJ and killed him off and he has to put up with Bold‘s even crappier story’s for him lol 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I love most of your takes, but this here is just something I will agree to disagree. Liam made my skin crawl from day one. He was such a wimp and Hope or Steffy's puppy. I can't help but be honest. 

This is something I second. RJ has great potential and is LEVELS better than the worst that is on the show and we all know... who that is. Won't say the name, since... we all know. Shhhh. Just say it in silence.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Althea Davis

• Members

Ring girl, nope.  I hate her/that thing. People are surprised when I say that movie still scares me - nope.  Like right up there scary with Hereditary, Exorcist.  Nope.    But Liam (Soapsuds) - I used to disagree with you on him somewhat.  I do not now.   It's just ultimate smarm to be hanging around the same damned 2 girls your whole life.  And the character really is so boring - it's a battle between he and Finn as far as interesting (as good as he is to look at - the character - is 'so what' for me) - but I can't stand Steffy NOR Hope.  Over the years I'm like - why are there 2 factions of people for these 2 characters?  I don't like EITHER of them lol.  I used to favor Hope and still kind of do (if I had to choose)....but I do not.  I don't like either of the fickle shrews.

• Members

Maybe Bradley can get the ring girl on the show for a short stint. I would love for her to visit Liam and finish him off.

• Members

I thought Liam Hope Steffy was always badly written. But I would say the triangle was a success intitially during the Kim Matula years. The ratings were highest it was in years. When Scott Kim & JMW was front center. And it had everyone talking. I just feel it got overplayed 

• Members

4-12

For a week where nothing happened, I have to admit that I didn't mind it at all. I can only assume...similar to this past week of Y&R...it has to do with the acting and not the story of it all.

The Tale of the Ten Toes has been funny to watch for sure. I still felt like shaking Deacon at times but SK has been giving it his all. Ridge could STFU though. But at least people are wondering if it is true. And to hear the name Sugar...uh oh? Though when was the last time Sugar was around? And seeing the cameo for who shows up this current week...I'm surprised.

RJ/Luna/Zende. Well, at least it gave some B story. I feel I'm over it outside of seeing the RJ actor in those clothes that look painted on. Perhaps I'm ready for the next beat...wasn't there supposed to be some new characters coming up to interact with RJ/Luna? I did like the Zende/Carter scene. 

Liam will always be ugh. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Zende telling RJ - Can't you see how lucky you are... Tell her RJ, tell her you forgive her, was THE BIGGEST cringe I've seen in my life. WHEN THE RAPIST of your girlfriend TELLS you - you are lucky and you should forgive her... in a tone like he is your buddy... Whoever wrote that should really RETIRE from the profession. 

P.S JH did great the last episode - not a bad performance at all. This little guy has so much potential. I hope he gets the chance to GROW. 

P.S 2 - I think we'll get that flashback of the 10 toes till NEW YEARS. 

@Soapsuds @Jeff @1974mdp @BoldRestless

Edited by Althea Davis