B&B: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In the most disgusting way possible... I found myself missing my daily toes episode. It's soooo bad it's starting to get addictive. I am ashamed to say this.

You can write my name on the wall of shame. 

• Members

I saw this and wanted to take the time to respond. I personally did not see the scenes because the episode itself was kicked off my possessed tv system before I saw it. Thankfully, B&B is very good...okay overdoes...at their flashbacks. 

I did not like that the episode itself appeared to turn into a witch hunt. Or that it triggered people. As someone who has been triggered by things in media I watch...I get that. However, this situation got no trigger...at least for me. And I've seen SA been done much worse to trigger. 

That said...my humble opinion is the same as the above. Moreso because I am finally watching 4/15 and 4/16 and the writers PLAY...THE...BEAT. Which love it or hate it so far they are turning on everything you just said. Which to me and them being the writers is also what they felt happened. And they are at least good enough writers to have the counterpoint to it. 

I was in awe, they figured out that the Zenda/Luna might be a sensitive subject to some. That they might have written that sloppily and needed to deal with it in some way. For that, I will give them some respect.

To me, it was more a misunderstanding (that could have been written better by the writers or not written at all but we all know how I felt about the RJ/Luna/Zende triangle from the beginning) than I would feel is a rape...a word I feel has also been thrown around too loosely.  But now that the discussion has made it on screeen, we can move forward with opinions and not pointed words. 

Speaking of...4/15...4/16

It was good to finally see Poppy show up. She's vanished so much since the 'mints' appeared. Is she even still with Bill?

Yeah, this ten toes storyline is starting to drag. Is it Sheila? Is it Sugar? Is Deacon just losing his mind? lol.

No...no more Hope/Liam. 

My kind of toes.

But wait...is this from...??? Let me hush.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

Mmmmm Kkkkkkk.  And this is why I’ll be here more often. Already dislike her for politics so I’m here to follow this. Screw ‘em both.  And good Lawd what happened to this board last night???  Such vulgar posts, But I’m also here for that, so. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

4-18

I swear...B&B stay using Y&R characters better (and they look better) than they do on Y&R...LOL!!!

I've been liking this stuff with RJ vs Zende. I guess I can say the actor might look silly, but at least he is trying. And he did seem angry to me. Thought there's been a few moments when ironically he echoed RM's Ridge. For better or for worse. I don't like that it appears that RJ is now going to turn this around on Luna though. But least...movement.

And going back to my first comment...HELLO, LAUREN!!! I was just about to get annoyed that this was a fly-in cameo regardless of next week promos. But I liked how they did Lauren's appearance. They set it up with her checking in on Eric...which I forgot about his being deathly ill. So of course she would come and see. And she got to figure out what was going on. Then she saw Deacon and called him out. And then I realized...duh...Lauren had some history with Sugar...whether the writers acknowledge it or not heehee...so her being the cliffhanger was cool. The fact LAUREN was the cliffhanger. All Deacon has been doing has been hoping to figure out who Sugar is...and now he has someone. Movement.

Well done.

• Members

Besides Sheila/Deacon, the rest of the show was just FF. We did not need, in the least, for Liam and Steffy to basically repeat the same tired dialogue they said on Friday to each other.

Write a "B-story" for God's sake!!

• Members

Revealing Sugar’s actual name, Janet Webber, was a nice touch, as the name is a compound of both of Robin Mattson’s most famous roles. That B&B is finally acknowledging the doppelgänger/bomb shelter storyline makes me wonder if they’ll ever try to explain Pheila (Probably not).