B&B: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Luna was not in a state to give consent.

Luna was not in a state to give consent.

Luna was noooot in a state to give consent.

This has never been made clear in this entire storyline. This is a rapist's fantasy to see a show writing it in this way. 

Shame on you Bradley Bell, you disgust me. As a rape survivor I am shocked and appalled how they have decided to spin this.

Girls and boys, know that if someone takes advantage of you like Zende did with Luna it's not your fault or anybody's fault BUT the rapist who took control of your body.

Appalling.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree...this story is HORRIBLE and offensive. 

While the actor playing RJ is no Robert DeNiro, he's kind of grown on me. But, this story totally threw Zende under the bus from which he can't come back, and the actress who plays Luna deserves better. ALL the actors deserved better than playing out this storyline. The show had a chance to develop a true love triangle with the three, but there's no where to go with this story.  What the hell was the end point for this story supposed to be? It comes off as written by a misogynist who has no idea what consent really means.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Is it necessary to bring posts from social media about actors?...To try and validate one's opinion in an attempt to make a point?  Other's opinions have no bearing on me whatsoever.

Edited by Jeff

• Members

Oh wait. I forgot about that. That means Brooke was raped twice? I just remember the 2007 rape where Stephanie was kinda to blame for it

Please register in order to view this content

But Ridge raping Brooke? Was this when he told Nick: no one loves sex more than Brooke. No one can satisfy her the way that I can” ?

• Members

Have to feel a bit sorry for these young actors with little experience or training who are handed poorly written scripts and have to try and bring it without much direction or rehearsal.

It's always been an issue for soap actors but it's probably worse than ever. Some actors are lucky to be able to adapt due to inherent talent and /or charisma but for others it's all there onscreen.

• Members

If you have read my posts in the forum, you'll see I despise Ridge and call him a sociopath.

And I have begged for him to be written off or killed for years. So my treatment of rapists is always the same. Always the same. There is no coming back from being a rapist. I can't see a character positively or root for him anymore. I dislike Ridge not only because he is a rapist, but also because he is just a worn out character that makes other characters not move forward - just Taylor and Brooke for example should have never ever even WANTED to go back to this jerk. I also think the actor who currently plays Ridge is very badly cast and is just not RIDGE FORRESTER and will never be, which really bugs me. He also has no chemistry with some of the leading ladies, most especially KKL, who looks just... not okay next to him. They don't look like a supercouple - the idea that Bradley is so obsessed with. Ridge needs to go at this point or... this is risky to say in this board, but I will say it - return as Ronn Moss (WILL never happen ) or someone else. I won't like him ever, as I have stated my reasons, but AT LEAST I will not be subjected of the bad chemistry with KKL every day and a fashion designer that doesn't look or act like a fashion designer.

P.S - some may have forgotten, but Ridge basically raped Caroline too when he went into her bed while she was DEAD drunk and slept with her, with her thinking it was Thorne. Disgusting.  And one of Bill Bell's storylines I didn't like...

• Members
Posted (edited)

No need to say goodbye!  We watch the same show and are going to be in the same thread.  We expressed our opinions and we move on sound good?  We have Mr. Novlan in common 

Edited by Jeff

• Members

@Jeffis one of the most polite and respectful people on this forum. I am happy you found a common ground.

And let's say we all have one thing in common - we want Hollis on contract