GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Things I liked:

Nina/Drew: Been saying that would happen and they both went in for it. This could make them both interesting

John/Carly: They do have Chemistry and are good actors

Kristina/Sonny: Loved the Dad/Daughter Talk and that Kristina is wary of Ava

Ava: Still wondering what her end game is

Willow: Understand she wants to be stay at home while her kids are young

Not Liking:

Diane/Jason: There was zero need for those scenes just Diane giving history that wasnt all correct

Michael: He seemed to happy that Willow wanted not to work. Seems like he wants Willow to be a Society/Stepford Wife

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've also seen a number of Nina fans who are upset over the whole thing because Drew threatened her with violence not that long ago. I get that, I suppose, but this is a show with many, many years of history with abusive men being treated as hot pieces of ass, so it's hard to be surprised.

• Members

Well, Drew and Nina…

Something tells me that that wouldn’t have happened (or at least not happened for another year) if Chris and Dan had still been writing. But I don’t mind it. I appreciate how messy their encounter could make their storyline. 

And despite everything about the character of Drew and about Cameron Mathison, y’all can’t deny that Daddy is stacked

Please register in order to view this content

Btw, where was Ava going with that Krystle Carrington haircut? 

• Members
Posted (edited)

But, that is not what happened! What he said was that he wouldn't hit her because she is a woman & he doesn't hit women. It was actually a declaration of chivalry. IOW, a good thing to do - and also to say. 

Gloria Monty may have been & done many things but she is not someone women would hold up as a defender or caretaker or advocate for & about women. Hell, she wouldn't even give Jane Elliot a $50 raise! Nor would she nominate her for the Emmy she got. (Monty's secretary called Jane & told her how to nominate herself!) 

Hate her new 'do!

Edited by Contessa Donatella
🤏more

• Members

Only a few actors look better with their clothes off. Cameron Mathison looks SO much better.

For a while, CM looked very thin...maybe it was for a role, but he looked ill. Now? He's back to jacked, and I want more of it. Ride, Nina, ride!

• Members

Okay.  I just died when CM/Drew's entire shirt fell off.  LOL for days.  Those sucky buttons!!!

Also Wagger, just call the cops. Carly always pretends she has no medical experience unless it's a gunshot wound.

• Members
Posted (edited)

That was just one of many crazy lines of dialogue over the last couple years lol. Everyone (but especially Psycho Drew in recent months) has wanted to wear Nina's entrails for fine jewelry, so I was fine with any change. He's been a little nuts but the character softened towards Nina considerably with the writing change and that's when their whole cute love/hate office banter thing started; he no longer talks about her like he's waiting in her pantry with a butcher knife for revenge re: his prison sentence. They try to push that 'he is an abuser!' line because they're Sonny/Nina stans. It is not that serious when you listen to what he said, especially after Jason once threatened to kill Sam.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I laughed out loud a couple of times during today’s show. Only they both felt like I was laughing with the show, and not at the show.

Those buttons! Maybe if Drew wore a shirt in his size it wouldn’t just fly apart when barely tugged. CM looks incredible, and he plays this kind of material so much better than knight in shining armor. That leather skirt Nina is wearing is not going to be easy for a down and dirty office desk quickie.

“What’s up Sonny!” Oh Jason got jokes now.

Maura West is still amazing, but some of those I am thinking hard and not speaking closeups were giving me Kristen Wigg’s surprise lady from SNL. She looked like she was about to blurt out about his meds.

I saw all the complaints about Drew/Nina, and in general the show itself. And I think if the show/ABC had been using Twitter as a focus group, no wonder we have been stuck in blandsville, USA for years.

• Members

I thought there was a lot nice setup here. I think Nina on the board of Aurora in order to get closer to Michael and eventually Willow is intriguing. There seems to be an attempt to rebuild a business community, which I hope they follow through on especially if they maintain the civic angle as well. The hook up with Drew and Nina worked for me. I'm curious to see how this will play out. 

I caught the line by Willow and I thought they were alluding to the fact that she might lean into the money from Nina and the Reeves clan down the line. 

I appreciate how some of the focus in the Kristina/Sonny/Ava scene was on just Kristina reacting to the dynamic between Ava and Sonny. I also think there is just a lot of nice beats played. Sonny learning Nina was back at Crimson leading him to question Ava, who had a good deflect. Ava's manipulation works well for me. I hope that Ava blows the lid on Drew and Nina's hook up to Sonny. I really want to see Maura West and Cynthia Watros tear each other to shreds. 

Some of the Diane stuff intrigued me because it almost sounded like the government signed off on Jason's death certificate in order to investigate his holdings, but would hey really need to do that? Or did I misread the situation?

I feel like Willow should suffer some consequence for her stealing the meds. I don't need her to lose her license, but I think it is a beat that needs to be played. I will be curious if Willow will quit before it becomes an issue or if this will just set up her life post-hospital work. 

Are we sure that revenge isn't Drew's endgame here? Seems like they could very much go the route that Drew is building up Nina's dependence on him which could lead to an even bigger fall for Nina when she realizes that Drew is only playing her. Also, if Drew happens to hurt Carly in the process, that would just be icing on the cake.

I think what I appreciate the most about what I am seeing with the show in general is the potential. There are many directions that the show can go in.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

Judging by CM's interview about their hook-up in the spoilers section (only pertaining to today and tomorrow) I don't think this is any ploy, at least not right now. It seems like Drew has a sense of humor about things. I just hope it's not a one-off because tbh these two crazy fools getting together is one of the main points of interest on the show right now. Again, it was one of the hottest, least tame sex scenes GH has done in many years and Watros and Mathison know how to deliver that from the old school.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I am trying to be spoiler free for once in my life lol so I haven't read the article. I only asked because the fact that they brought up how Nina was asking for help with her child while mentioning how Drew was kept from his by Nina's involvement in his SEC fraud imprisonment was an interesting lead up. Also, with the hinted at Jordan/Drew angle, I wasn't sure if there was more to the story. Personally, I love the idea of Drew and Nina as a sorta hot mess powercouple.