BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I remember GENERATIONS being on at some weird time as well.

I feel the same. Fingers crossed if it gets made, that's exactly where it's going.

They still do. 

Or after big events. 

Usher's Concert Super Bowl and that new Justin Hartley show anyone?

• Members

Putting The Gates between Y&R and Bold is classic tentpole programming. For that reason alone, I think we get Y&R followed by The Gates followed by B&B.

I've mentioned The Talk a couple times, but not because I'm a fan. I watch it only when someone from Y&R appears. It still pulls between 1.2M and 1.5M viewers a day and is cheap to produce, so I wouldn't assume it's a goner.

• Members

I don't think they would ditch B&B, because if they trust in the genre so much to be developing a new soap opera, then I would assume they would try to keep their soaps. Although it is weird that Y&R gets 4 years and B&B gets only 1. 

Neither Y&R nor B&B are owned by CBS, right? Maybe Bradley is really inflexible and they cannot control him, so they would cancel B&B only to have more freedom to control a new soap, which they do own and get all the money to themselves? 

• Members

I’d really like this to work out because this could lead to a renaissance of Soaps being revived for network cable!! 

I agree with those who said Victoria Rowell, and Tonya Lee Williams should be apart of the cast. Tracy Ross, Renee Jones and Amelia Marshall are good choices too. 

• Members

They were different scenarios. Y&R's current deal came to an end and this is a fresh deal, hence the 4 year window.

B&B's current deal included a 1 year extension pickup, so that's why it's short - no new deal was negotiated, CBS simply exercised it's option to extend for that one year.

This is certainly exciting news for the genre and I hope it gets a series order.

My hope is The Talk gets The Axe and this is its replacement.  

• Members

I think if CBS owns the soap there's a chance for a higher budget since they won't be paying the producers of another company. They also have the potential for more ad dollars on their end, such as ABC gets with GH.

• Members

Well, this sure is a surprise.

Can’t wait to get through this thread either lol 

I honestly never thought we’d ever get a new soap. I really hope this ends up working out.

And that it maybe inspires some other people to pitch their ideas for new soaps as well.