BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Is there a projected launch date for TG? Is it supposed to be ready for to kick off fall 2024 or fall 2025 with the rest of CBS daytime? Launching in the spring is a bad idea - from lower viewing audiences to the multiple pre-emptions on CBS for soccer and basketball.

The first two- to three years of a new soap are rough. It takes a while to figure out a rhythm. Look at B&B, Passions, Generations, SoBe, The City and PC. All of them struggled in some fashion whether it was casting, storylines, pacing, etc. When PC finally figured it out, ABC cancelled it.

B&B's clearance rate was 90%ish until the early 90s. I wonder how many CBS stations will opt out simply because it's a soap.

• Members

TG just needs to find a way to come out swinging the very first episode. Someway, somehow. The first episode needs to end with a good hookable cliffhanger to instantly bring the audience back to the next installment.

• Members
Posted (edited)

GATES is definitely preferable to TG! I've already seen both #THEGATES or #TheGates or just #GATES. I've only seen TG here. 

Also easy to get to GatesNation but not TGNation. One looks good, the other not. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typo

• Members

For now, no. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it gets ready for the fall, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's next year or fall. If it's replacing The Talk, well, that's a show they can literally end or extend as long as they need it.