BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Victoria Rowell is on good terms with CBS and she appeared at the Y&R 50th anniversary party in March 2023, with her photos taken in front of a CBS logo backdrop, and posted the pics on her IG.

I don't know if she's worked things out with SteveKent/Sony or not, though.

One of the things VR wanted most was Black people in production/management/writing.  Griffith fired a lot of staff, so that has gone backwards.  I don't know how she'd feel about Y&R now.

I could see her doing Gates, but of course I want Drucilla.  I don't know what to think!  I just want to watch VR in whatever productions she feels good about.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath of ever seeing VR on CBS Daytime again - it's been almost 17 years since she was last on the show. She's probably never coming back to daytime in general (whether by choice or not). No other soap has even tried to get her. 

Who I could see? Maybe Vivica A Fox's washed-up behind making a return. MVJ did write that infamous Generations catfight (about the only memorable thing that show had going for it).  What's she noticeably doing beyond plugging CarShield these days?

• Members

I can see VR doing The Gates. I don't think she will ever be back at Y&R/Sony given the long-standing status quo, which is a real shame. But yes, as others have said, if they want a good lead-in for the show and are reinvesting in soap opera then they'll still need to flip Y&R in a big way, and that means finally, truly materially embracing the Black audience they have shunned or fobbed off with lip service for almost 20 years. If it was me and Dru is off the table (and you can't at least have her do a ghost/vision appearance for the kids) it would start with just bringing back Mishael Morgan's Hillary. That's the closest to Dru you're gonna get without all the BTS drama that keeps Dru gone.

• Members

My mom posted this news on my Facebook timeline an hour ago and I thought it was a joke or something so I came here to find out if it was real. Obviously this is wonderful news for soaps. The past decade has shown that Black audiences can brings numbers to sustain programming in primetime and I think CBS is banking on that.