BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Doesn't B&B only follow Y&R in about 50% of the country? In many cities: it's Y&R, local news, B&B

CBS tried to get B&B to expand to an hour in the 90s, but the Bells refused. While that worked when the schedule had 4 soaps, I think it's hurt them during the past decade. The narrow format has really hampered the show's ability to add depth to the canvas. It's the same merry-go-round and that's really burned them since 2021.

• Members

At least they seem committed to not rushing the writing and production to get it on air. That’s key to really give MVJ time to develop a good Bible, and pre-production to get ahold of the finances and things like casting. Every new soap takes some time to find its groove, but a commitment to the show and giving it time in advance of airing to work out some of the kinks should hopefully go a long way. 

• Members

Kind of what I had suspected of P&G over their recent IR reports— they wanted to get back into the production of soaps but didn’t want the onus to be on them to produce them. I guess partnering with entities that have some stability is a better option for the type of corporation that P&G has evolved to over the years.
Interesting, when we all think back to all that talk about P&G refusing CBS’s offer to purchase the production rights to As The World Turns

• Members
Posted (edited)

The last daytime soap opera that used the family’s name that I can think of is Ryan’s Hope, which at least, wasn’t too straightforward thankfully. As soap fans, I think we’re generally used to titles that are a little more elaborate on some level. I think that’s why it comes off as a working title for so many.

If the writing and performances are top-notch, I can overlook a generic series title.

The family has been described as living in a gated community. The title comes across as very ‘on the nose’ is probably why it reads like a working title but hey, if the quality is great (and ups the ante for the remaining soaps to improve their storytelling), tptb can call it Bebay’s Bay Ridge Hideaway and I would deal with it.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Here it's:

• 7am: CBS Mornings
  • 9am: Local CBS News
  • 9:30am: The Drew Barrymore Show
  • 10am: Let's Make a Deal (former Guiding Light time slot)
  • 11am: The Price is Right
  • 12pm: Local CBS News
  • 12:30pm: The Young and the Restless
  • 1:30pm: The Bold and the Beautiful
  • 2pm: The Talk (former As the World Turns time slot)
  • 3pm: Hot Bench
  • 4pm: Judge Judy