BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly what I wish Corday would do, also, gee, what a coinkidink, huh? But, seriously, if he would just be the Owner & not pretend he actually functions as an EP or as he said at the Bill Hayes funeral, a ShowRunner (AS IF) it would be so much better for the show. Here are 2 examples where second generation Soap Royalty is not beneficial to the genre, not at all. 

• Members

We’ve bandied about quite a few names for wishful casting. Ultimately it will be the decision for tptb to make but I want to put another name out there, so if anyone who has an “in” with the development of this soap peeps this, in addition to the names I had mentioned like the likes of Tonya Pinkins, Tamara Tunie, Amelia Marshall, Victoria Rowell, Count Stovall and Petronia Paley, I want to suggest that they do not sleep on the talented and beautiful Loren Lott who was criminally underutilized on Y&R. Because of how little storyline she received, she’s still a relatively fresh face but one with valuable soap experience. 
Another name I would suggest is Lamman Rucker whose charisma and magnetism was used an abused during his time on ATWT.

Another thing that I wondered/mused about is what industry/field will the wealthy family(families) make their wealth on. I feel like at least one family should be a haircare magnate, right? There are some opportunities for some gifted hairstylists to really get creative here. Black hair is not just about creative expression, it can also be an art.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I would imagine that they are likely going to handle casting the "PASSIONS" way. Remember how that soap cast the parents looking almost as young as the actors/actresses who played their children? If people like Victoria Rowell and Debbi Morgan were added, they would probably play a grandparent or an aunt to the family/families.

Edited by vanguard

• Members

Loren Lott? Yes. Much approved. Assuming that the rich family will have a character playing a daughter, she fits. Very pretty and just looks the part.

Lamman Rucker? Yes again. Mr. Rucker is 52-years-old in real life so he definitely carries the feel of being a family Patriarch. Hypothetically, I think he would also work very well playing the lead to some low-income clan as well.

• Members

Style wise, I hope this new show brings back longer scenes instead of these 10-15 second whiplash shifts between 20 characters a day. Longer scenes, if written well, can bring much more impact and help people to invest in what's going on. 

I also don't want to see the Peapack model of shooting since P&G is involved. I hope they don't have any ideas on using this to keep the budget "cheap". It'll look it. 

• Members

And, you're right. My point also. Total agreement. There was only one thing about that time where P&G could've done better & did not. And, that was that EW wanted to show that you could promote products within the context of the show & P&G declined to budget that for her. That was short-sighted of them. IMO anyway. 

• Members

I mean, my main hope is that they'll at least spend a fair budget on building elaborate sets for the main locations, but even that's holding out too much hope. Of course I'd love some sort of outside set, but yeah. Ain't gonna happen.