BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Members

I wonder if Tamara Tunie would return to do daytime again? I'd love to see her on the new soap paired with her good friend and former co-star Scott Bryce. I think they'd be golden on the new soap.

I could see also lawyer Jessica appearing from Oakdale to lure in ATWT viewers. Just like Y&R did with Colleen Zenk. Even though Colleen isn't playing Barbara.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

The name of the Montgomery made me giggle because ATWT had a Montgomery family. It made me muse about the aspect (down the road) of a brief story arc where the Black Montgomerys find out about the white Montgomerys (only if Scott Bryce and Hillary Bailey Smith could make the appearance though).

Please register in order to view this content

That could be some P&G synergy between the present/future of soaps linking with the past. 

Geez, just saw this post after I made mine.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members
Posted (edited)

For me, that’s the million-dollar question: what does a new daytime soap look like in 2024? I wonder how large the cast can be. The 2-3 family structure is classic soap, but things can get incestuous really quickly without a strong range of unrelated individuals for romantic purposes on a daily, one-hour soap, if that’s indeed the format.

Should exorbitant wealth be the focus? I’d be happy with a family that’s merely very comfortable instead of trying to be like the Newmans. There’s too much suspension of disbelief to depict Victor, et al., as billionaires with Y&R’s budgets. Succession could dramatize the Roys’ extravagance with their HBO budgets. Daytime cannot, and it’s often embarrassing to see them try. (Although there’s something appealing about seeing a Black family on that level—people may be looking for that, as daytime has never really gone there.)

I know actors realize how much job security matters nowadays, especially with the opportunities shrinking as streamers enter an austerity period (just now seeing this article here). Some stars might be willing to budge on big payouts, but can they afford a cast with several big names?

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

More "lone" characters:

Dorian Black: Stylish, well-dressed, somewhat charismatic young entrepreneur with a smart mouth. Lol. Can be very sarcastic and tells it like it is to the point of insulting people. He's close friends with William Montgomery.

Maxine "Max" Vanderbilt: Another somewhat outspoken character. Besties with Sharon McMillan.

Channing: Reynaldo's hunky bartender and right-hand dude in all other aspects.

Rico: LOAN SHARK/DRUG DEALER. Has much association with Reynaldo. It's later discovered he's also heavily tied to both Bryce Hampton and Gregory Montgomery.

Jenna, Katrina, Eve: Reynaldo's three best performers. They are recurring characters.

• Members
Posted (edited)

So what do these characters do to make that $$$?

The Montgomerys: Real Estate.

More specifically, they own a batch of 5-star hotels in the ATL and several luxury resorts in the Caribbean.

The McMillans: Soul Food Catering

Undergoing renovations in downtown ATL to open an upscale soul food restaurant/jazz club.

The Hamptons:

Jack Hampton: A lawyer/Politician. Plans to run for mayor at some point but probably won't win. 

Jillian Hampton: Owns and runs a successful Atlanta television station.

Caitlyn Hampton: An eager and determined young investigative reporter.

Bryce Hampton: A BUM!!!! Lol. Wants to live the high life but doesn't want to do the work to make it possible. Cuts corners and breaks rules hoping to hit it big.

Abigail Hampton: Highly renowned Physician.

And this concludes my Fanfic.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by vanguard

• Members

It can get a bit dizzying if your focus is on the background characters but the camera work during this sequence is stellar, the way it moves the sequence along in a fluid manner.

Watch the entire sequence, it’s long but has a great payoff in visual quality.

• Members

Is it like rain on your wedding day?

You’re welcome. Sadly, some of the video quality of these YouTube uploads seem to have gotten worse over the years. 

Question: Once the story bible has been written, how long do you all estimate before it’s available to read? In this digital age, I hope it will available to read online.