BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think it's going to be sensational with boatloads of realness as it pertains to black culture, and perhaps even shocking in certain areas. Just review the article as it speaks of the show having multidimensional characters and juicy storylines. Might end up blowing the remaining four soaps out of the water. We shall see...........

Edited by vanguard

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

I know you all are speculating Atlanta, but don't rule out Los Angeles.

The announcement was made when it was for a reason. That's as much as I can say right now.

• Webmaster

Here's a bit of irony: Colleen Bell (Brad Bell's wife) is the executive director of the California Film Commission.

https://film.ca.gov/

Please register in order to view this content

Message from the Executive Director

Our Commitment to Growing California’s Film/TV Production Industry Has Never Been Stronger!

On July 10, 2023, Governor Newsom signed legislation to extend and expand California’s Film and TV Tax Credit Program for an additional five years through 2030-31. This decisive action will directly create an estimated 60,000 production jobs and $10 billion in related investment across the state.

The fourth-generation tax credit program (Program 4.0) demonstrates California’s commitment to retaining our status as the media production capital of the world. It is a vital and necessary tool to keep and grow production here at home, where it belongs.

In all, California’s Film and TV production industry supports well over 700,000 jobs and nearly $70 billion in wages for in-state workers. It is an economic engine that powers everything from production employment and tourism to our extraordinary creative spirit.

In addition to the five-year extension, Program 4.0 will make tax credits refundable, opening the program to a broader range of applicants and generating even more jobs, spending and opportunity. Another key aspect of Program 4.0 is its enhanced focus on workforce training, diversity and inclusion. Several expanded and new features will create opportunities for individuals from underserved communities. The goal is to help reduce economic, geographic and social barriers to career access and success. There are also specific policies for addressing harassment and increasing industry representation of women and monitories.

I’m proud to report that California is committed to offering the film/TV production industry the best value, as well as the best values.

The team here at the California Film Commission is ready to assist in making your next project a success!

Colleen Bell, Executive Director
California Film Commission

I don't smoke. Haha. Never have. Never will.

• Members

Haha, for that reason, I never personally mentioned Atlanta, although I can understand why others would jump to that conclusion.

Also, we saw with the TOLN soaps that shooting a daytime soap outside of the usual milleu where there is infrastructure already in place can cause extra challenges that may negate the potential cost savings.

• Members

Not to mention, L.A. is very much known as a union town, while Atlanta is…er, not so much.  A series like this is probably going to want full access to unionized labor that, preferably has some experience with working in daytime?