BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Members

It’s primetime. 

I wonder if anything will be said at the upfronts. I imagine we’ll know the cast in the fall, but I’m curious about when we’ll learn of filming locations and BTS staffing which would need to be completed sooner. I’m very curious to see what the writing team, directors, etc look like. And I’m still hoping for Atlanta over LA for a filming location. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

We're not telling her to do anything because that just isn't possible. This show is hers. She's in charge and we know this. But I'm not seeing the harm in having certain ideas and desires about the show and discussing them amongst ourselves.

Edited by vanguard

• Members

I think the biggest issue with choosing a very recognizable city like New Orleans is creating that atmosphere, especially if they aren't filming in it. I'd say just create a fictional town - that way they can decide what it's like, don't have to worry about dialects and can also adjust it to budget constraints.

• Members

Because LA is too expensive. GH is the only soap that manages to still have a substantial amount of sets that also are big. The Bell soaps keep shrinking what sets they do have down and have a very small rotation.

For this show to be successful and draw in new viewers it needs to look more modern than what we have. Filming in Atlanta gives them an opportunity to expand what they can do in terms of sets and location shooting. 

• Members

People are excited about the possibilities of a brand new soap, and are letting their imaginations run free. Is that so bad?

Personally, I'm enjoying seeing all the creativity on here when it comes to potential  concepts/characters/etc for The Gates. Its fun!

• Members

All of the goings on at GH makes me hope The Gates doesn't fall foul of conflicting agendas/visions and what not.

Let's hope CBS has realistic expectations of what the show can accomplish initially. And the budget is there for it. Let's not kid ourselves that the ratings will be great iniyially.

Launching a new network soap after decades is not easy.

MVJ needs to come up with a viable long term story and the casting and production has to be on point.

Having said that, until the show is onscreen and rolling TPTB won't be able to really assess what is working and what changes need to be made. That is part and parcel of a new show and there may have to be recasts or some tweaks to the stories.

Ideally the budget would allow them to ease into it-something along the lines of 2 weeks to tape the first week of shows, 3 weeks to do the next 2 weeks before going to the regular schedule.

I'd hate to see massive overhauls the minute the show is perceived to be underperforming.