BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

As much as I’d love to see him off of Days…

God No. 

This guy isn’t even fit to write parking tickets, let alone a soap

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

There is so much diverse talent out there just waiting for a chance on a show like this. BTS and in front of the camera.

There is no point in creating a new soap unless they plan to be as modern and groundbreaking as they used to be in the days of Nixon. And I don’t mean ignoring the traditions of the genre. I mean taking a real risk again with story and characters, not just treading water with the most generic storytelling to least offend.

• Members
Posted (edited)

MVJ deserves this moment, possibly more than anyone else in daytime right now. She's paid her dues, and was never ever given a fair chance when she was promoted to HW at GH. She's written standout scripts for both GH and B&B, she's contributed to SL's even when she wasn't the HW, and spent years slugging it for people like Sally Sussman Morina, Pamela K. Long, the Labine's, Guza, and finally Brad Bell. She's as talented, if not more, than those whose work she often uplifted. This is her chance and I hope this succeeds and she's given the creative freedom and respect she deserves. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

CBS has been very conservative in daytime so this seems like a shift in philosophy.

They have a traditionally older audience who they seem to cater for eg the soft pedalling/back burner of the lesbian couple of Y&R and rejection of any story that deals with current issues. Maybe alot of that is Sony also.

Getting affiliates on board and making the show profitable would the major issues beyond the content of the show itself.

How about a 1 or 2 week nightime launch in Summer before moving to daytime?

• Members

Let's not make this lovely news a thread about how much people hate Jamey Giddens. I'm not going to fault MVJ for her friendships, I'm just thrilled she may be getting a new diverse soap on air.