ALL: Errors, Myths, Omissions & Firsts that weren't

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Correct.   If we go by what MVJ tweeted and these credits, MVJ was Head Writer while Korte is Co-HW, meaning they weren't equals (like the way Dan and Chris are).  Interesting!  I always assumed they were equal Co-HWs. Y'all need to notify me when new information like this comes out, so I can update my archive. 

Please register in order to view this content

LOL. Thanks guys.

• Administrator

Found some exact air dates.  Guza's material ended on February 2, 2001, and MVJ's material started on February 5, 2001.  Will go and find more exact air dates. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

A lot of info in reference books dealing with the 50's and 60's is wrong ie list of headwriters, cast member dates etc

In the Cast List and Character Guide thread in Cancelled Soaps as well as Soap Hoppers  posters have made many corrections to rectify these mistakes.

• Members

Several years ago I got extremely interested in these kinds of errors & in correcting them when possible. The first thing was this idea that Beverlee McKinsey was the first to receive star billing on a soap, when actually she was the last one to do so. No one has gotten star billing since she did in 1980 on "Texas."  I have found a handful of instances that pre-date that. Very early "DAYS" Macdonald Carey, "Bright Promise" Dana Andrews, both "AMC" & "How To Survive a Marriage" Rosemary Prinz, and the earliest we've found is 1951's "Miss Susan." I thought about posting this today because it is an anniversary for "Miss Susan" which began on March 12, 1951. I include this below primarily because the video is extremely rare. 

An excerpt from a blog on star billing:

Besides this blog, issued & distributed, with 3 versions so far, I also corrected the information on Beverlee McKinsey's IMDb & wikipedia pages. If you try to correct something like this in those places, be ready to persevere. The IMDb took 4 attempts & wikipedia took 3, with editing of the submission in between tries. 

• Members

Love of Life credited cast members in its opening sequence throughout the 50s, as seen in the several episodes available online, and Paradise Bay credited Keith Andes (and maybe Marion Ross too?) in the 60s, but I haven’t seen anything from that show since one episode was posted on WoST over 20 years ago.