ALL: Errors, Myths, Omissions & Firsts that weren't

• Members

I have two Daytime Emmy things that I'd like to run by you, sort of a pre-emptive move. 

Cady McClain has won 3 Daytime Emmys for 3 different roles, on 3 different shows, on 3 different networks. I think it is singular. 

Maura West & Michael Park won Best Actress & Best Actor the same year, playing the ATWT pairing known as "Carjack". I think this also is singular. 

Who here can bust this?!! 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So Erica's abortion was an illegal one, right? 

I am so sorry for the confusion. I have relied on you twice. Because I know you were the poster who originally told me *off the top of your head* that yes she did have an abortion & that you thought it was 1970-71. When you posted before having refreshed your knowledge I just read you wrong. But you must have thought I'd lost my mind for sure. I apologize. 

• Members

For Actresses, yes, but Justin Deas already accomplished that feat before.

And technically, Ellen Wheeler has won 3 different Daytime Emmy’s for 3 different categories. Younger Actress for Vicky/Marley on AW, Supporting Actress for Cindy on AMC, and as EP of GL when they won Outstanding Drama Series. 

• Members

And, this is what Wikipedia currently says about it: https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Erica_Kane In a topical 1973 storyline, Erica aborts the baby she conceives with her first husband, Jeff Martin (Charles Frank). This is the first legal abortion aired on American television since the landmark Supreme Court Roe v. Wade ruling.

• Members
Posted (edited)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erica_Kane
she conceives with her first husband, Jeff Martin (Charles Frank). This is the first legal abortion aired on American television since the landmark Supreme Court Roe v. Wade ruling
So that wikipedia statement was based on the WRONG DATE of 1973 for her abortion.

Wikipedia cites these sources,
so one or both of them gave the wrong information:

• Warner, Gary (1994). All My Children: The Complete Family Scrapbook. Santa Monica, California: General Publishing Group. pp. 15–119. ISBN 1-881649-45-8.

AND

• Simon, Ron; Thompson, Robert J.; Spence, Louise; Feuer, Jane (1997). Morton, Robert (ed.). Worlds Without End: The Art and History of the Soap Opera. New York, New York: Harry N Abrams. pp. 34–36. ISBN 0-8109-3997-5.

There have been other wrong statements elsewhere;
with the correct date of 1970-71, but incorrectly described as
WRONG  LOCATION of New York, where it became legal in 1970.

So the CORRECT INFO is that Erica's abortion occurred in Pennsylvania in 1970-71,
when and where it was still illegal.

Per the wikipedia "Maude" page 
primetime series Maude had a legal abortion
set in New York in 1972, and cites this source:
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Issue Date:
Wednesday, August 22, 1973
https://post-gazette.newspapers.com/newspage/90067087/

Edited by janea4old

• 2 weeks later...