R.I.P.: Bill Hayes Has Died

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Finding the right words to say about someone who has touched you deeply is always easy to do.  Sadly, I never met Bill Hayes, but Doug and Julie's original love story is just so good to me, because it embodies so much of what DAYS and all other soaps used to be, and still could be if TPTB would try.  If only I could write a love story as good as Doug and Julie's.

• Members

When Twitter celebrated Bill's life the other day Amy Shaughnessy posted several times. She spent the day with Susan & they looked at all of the clips & photos & remembrances & it was fan appreciation at its finest. Amy is the daughter of the former writer Anne Schotte (SP?) & the director David Shaughnessy. That makes her Charles Shaughnessy's niece & she is like a niece to Susan. 

• Members

God yes! I wish that Peacock would get this brilliant idea & take the Bill Bell years at DAYS & digitize them & stream them as this great experiment. Denise Alexander was known at that time as the most popular daytime "heroine"  of all! She was the winner of all those soap mag polls. And, she & Julie began as best friends and ended up "frenemies". At this point in story Susan has figured out that Doug Williams is a con man & turned his attention off of her & onto Julie! She offered to pay Doug to break up Julie's then marriage. Classic soap devious vixen behavior!

• Members

Obituary from The New York Times.  Susan is quoted regarding the final scenes she and Bill taped together.

'He and his wife taped their final scene together on “Days of our Lives" just weeks before he died.

“The last scene I got to play with him is about how much we love each other,” Ms. Seaforth-Hayes said in a phone interview, “and I was blessed with an opportunity to hover over the words ‘Have I ever told you how much I love you?’ And Doug answers, ‘No, you never did.’ That was something Billy and I would say frequently in life.”'
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/25/arts/television/bill-hayes-dead.html?unlocked_article_code=1.QU0.mC2C.HtGyE8ywThpW&smid=url-share