B&B: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Taylor bought the beach house in October 2022 as a surprise for Ridge, because she and Ridge had seemed to be back together, and she thought she'd be living there with Ridge.  Taylor said she did this because she and Ridge had lived there together many years ago.   Last we heard, I thought Taylor still owned it.

Wednesday January 17, 2024, the dialogue indicates that Wyatt is considering moving out of the beach house and leaving L.A. Wyatt said to Bill: "You've been extremely generous, letting me live here after Taylor moved out."   Wyatt says he found someone to rent the beach house while Bill is figuring out what to do with it. Bill comments on Wyatt finding the potential tenant, and says that will save Bill a call to "Cindy the head of our real estate team".  (perhaps an in-joke reference to Don Diamont's wife Cindy Ambuehl who is a real estate agent?)

Brad Bell is belatedly writing off Wyatt, but not clearly acknowledging Taylor's exit?

• Members

I really want to know what happened between Krista and the production that led to this. I wonder if Krista is going to write that book, she hinted about and spill all the tea. 

BUT, whatever happened... a good writer will NEVER leave a character that he made LEADING again for year and a half... just disappear like that.

Why did you make us love and care about Taylor again if you were going to just erase her like that. It makes me not want to watch, but at this point it's like watching a burning house... it's bad, but you can't stop looking at how bad it is. I mean... Call some of the OG script writers back... and give us some dialogue. AT LEAST.

I think with the amazing actors this show has... it's so sad how much potential is LOST. I really believe Annika can do so much and so can other people. Why give us the same old obsessed Thomas, bla-bla-bla. Where is everything going, there is no direction and no prospect of the future. The show lacks atmosphere.  It's like watching a bad reality show sometimes. 

But yeah... Taylor should get at least 1 line by someone. To just notice the elephant in the room.

• Members

I can't believe Darin Brooks agreed to that appearance. He's probably thinking they'll bring him back at some point since that's what awful Bradley does.

Not addressing Taylor? Just more proof this show doesn't give a damn about its viewers. Bell KNOWS how much we enjoyed KA for a year. He doesn't care.

Instead we get a storyline about Eric dying from a disease that was never named and getting a transplant for whatever. And today? Carter tells Eric he's been like a father to him.

I just can't.

• Members

Actually it was to stick it to KA and her fans. That's why they brought back Wyatt. Bradley wasn't saying he fucked up. He was saying the opposite with this return. I don't care about Taylor or KA or its fans.

The storyline was a disaster.

• Members

Darin’s been buying time for the longest. I had to literally LOL when Wyatt mentioned to Liam he was single last year (So much for Flo!

Please register in order to view this content

) and now just out of the blue he’s leaving LA. I know Darin has done some other projects but I’m sure he could fall back on B&B if he needed to unlike so many.

And yes the Carter/Eric stuff was just….unfathomable. Carter may need some professional help if he thinks Eric asking him to keep sleeping with his wife because he’s impotent was “fatherly”.

Meanwhile Sheila is back to where she was at the end of her 2017-18 stint as a gossiping waitress at a restaurant everyone keeps visiting even though they know she works there… @YRfan23 If you noticed this too.

Don’t worry Poppy pretty sure we all made the same face:

• Members

How many times has someone told Carter that he's "family" at this point? Maybe if he's like "family" they should let him have his own storyline. LOL And, then everyone not acknowledging the whole Quinn affair. "I know I used to get it on to your ex-wife while you were married to her, and you used me to be her personal stud...but you've been like a father to me. " If Eric's been like a father to Cater, that's one sick father/son dynamic. So crazy!

People have almost told Carter he's family as many times as Steffy and Finn have told each other they're amazing or Thomas telling people he's a changed man. I want to buy the writers a thesaurus. 

This show REALLY needs at least one more restaurant set. Bill bringing Poppy back to Deacon's place so she can be waited on by the woman who tried to kill her sister...how romantic (???), especially since their first date was in the same exact place. I wasn't sure what to think of Poppy's "faux strip tease" in the middle of the place to some generic electronic dance track.

And then there's Poppy's breath mints! This show does NOT do subtle. So, I'm going to go ahead and call it. Poppy is dying, and her breath mints are her meds. She's going to die. But, before she will reveal that Luna is Bill's daughter and marry him. She'll reconcile with her sister and then sadly die leaving Bill to now be Luna's main parent.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm hate watching this show now.

Edited by 1974mdp

• Members

Yeah Sheila is such a "threat" but Bill goes there 3 times a day and gives Deacon his money which keeps said restaurant open??? The Bill I know would be trying to get Deacon's placed closed any way possible, not giving him his money and pay Sheila's salary 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

They should at least change that restaurant-bar a bit. It looks like a cheap hole... not a place where Bill Spencer or any of these people would go. Sheila working there... at age 62 is really strange... I mean... Sheila could very well work as a private nurse or a nurse that helps older people. It would be way creepier. She can steal money and exploit her clients... It can be dark... And even if she is a wanna be serial killer... In Bold universe it would be natural to her to be able to do that and not be banned in that profession. How is that woman bearing walking around all day with a tray at 60+... The average waitress age is 27... but in Bradley's world... everything is bizarre.