B&B: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've been thinking about that too.  Yet, we get "Poppy" (no offense to the actress) a character we know little about, have no investment in, and she is seemingly being paired with a lead male.

That's the 411 on soaps, if you don't have a love interest, you are doomed to be on the backburner.  I think Allen and Diamont would of had chemistry, granted story-line wise it may not have been the best fit since Taylor shot Bill.  On the other hand, other characters have cheated, been forgiven, etc.  Unfortunately there is nobody on the show to pair Taylor with, with a limited small cast.  They also could have brought on a new love interest for Taylor, I mean gawd forbid the show think outside the box and introduce a new character??  I also think Taylor and the "hot waiter" would have been good.  (Although I think you prefer him with Brooke, they do have chemistry too).

• Members

1-9

I giggled at that Luna/Poppy montage. But one thing I like about B&B, you do see the characters at work like old school soaps and I can't hate on that. 

I liked the RJ vs Zende fight. And look at Zende...setting Luna up like that. 

I continue to like how this Emma loose end is being worked into the current dynamic with Thomas/Hope & Finn/Steffy. 

And ooooo at this reveal of Zander of seeing the cameras and GPSing Thomas's movement. 

• Members

What is going on with Bradley Bell and the entire writing team. Who is actually writing the dialogue for the last couple of episodes. The quality is low even for Bradley. What is going on... 

• Members

I agree with you about pairings on soaps.

That said...Taylor still had options. Even now. Like for example...

Finn's dad Jack. He was supposed to be trying to win Li back. And Li has great chemistry with Bill. But how about Taylor wanting a clean break from Ridge and tried for Jack once he's given up with Li. But Li actually having second thoughts since she sees Poppy with Bill and she wants to work on her marriage. And like you mentioned before Taylor and Bill have history that could be used...not to mention Bill having Li's back. What if Bill decides to try to get in-between Taylor and Jack for Li as only Bill can. Or worse...Bill THEN catches feelings for Taylor himself. Jack/Taylor/Bill/Li writes itself. 

OR...Deacon/Taylor start hanging around each other again. And that sets Sheila off BIG TIME. Add in Li as a Sheila taunter and that writes itself, too. 

• Members

I do wonder if KA's Taylor was phased out because HT wants back in.

Taylor is an essential character with Steffy/Thomas being prominent characters and with Ridge, Brooke still around. Brooke/Taylor scenes over Thomas/Hope are easy writes and certainly watchable.

The whole recurring offer seems like a case where they knew KA wouldn't accept it. KA managed the tough balancing act of keeping the essential Taylor characteristic while adding a fresh spin to a 30-year character. It's a shame.

• Members

Round one of 1+ for everyone!! @Jeff I had actually FF’d through those scenes on Friday so yes who does bring a stapler to the hospital in a purse no less.

And yes I could so see Eric mentioning Taylor was back in Paris and sent him a golden stapler she picked up in her travels. Then when Eric dies for real his final word is  “Bostitch”© to everyone’s puzzlement until Brooke points out that’s who manufactured his favorite stapler.

Onto Monday 1/15’s show, so that’s it with the Emma revisited plot? Finn agrees to drop it and Hope believes Thomas? Obviously two weeks worth of this show were wasted on a DOA plot point, and I couldn’t even with Hope’s “Emma was my friend…” when I don’t think the two shared a single scene together.

At least Finn and Steffy got some sweet talk scenes in the end of the show.