DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Xander and Sarah didn’t do much today, but l liked how sweet and dorky they were. Lindsey Godfrey really has improved over time. You can finally tell that Sarah has actual feelings for Xander. 

I liked the Johnson family dinner as well, even though I’m not too sure about Tripp and Wendy’s treasure hunt game. Maybe it’ll led to something interesting happening. It could end up being a decent sweeps event. And I hope something interesting comes out of Steve’s questioning of Everett too. I wouldn’t mind him and Kayla playing a part in that storyline. 

Harris vs Stefan is still very random to me. It seems like another one of those things that the scab writers needed to establish a little better. 

And this is a nitpick, but why did we hear the sounds of helicopter flying overhead when Harris was talking to Ava? Is Salem that dangerous?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I do not feel that I need lessons in Scottish culture. 

2 dinner parties in 2 days, I like it! Sloan's was a failure but was so amusing. The Johnson family dinner was a success & I would love it if we'd do that on a regular basis! I love Steve's attitude as the Inquisitor! And, I equally love that Stephanie is saying "OMG" over & over at what Steve says! Geocache is an interesting term. 

That really stuck out. I wonder why they didn't edit it out. 

People seem pretty sure that it was Sheri Anderson at DAYS during the strike. She has played every role a writer can play on a soap. HW, Script Writer (Dialog), Breakdown, won 3 Emmys, created John Black, etc. 

Some posters on UglyX are being like vultures, or the Grief Police, in their insistence that all the actors post tributes to Bill Hayes. I hate that we have that in existence in fandom. I do not understand what they are thinking!!

• Members

I actually thought Sarah/Xander were very cute.  And my Sarah hate is well known.  Of course she'd have knomes and he'd have kilts.  

I don't have a lot of other things to say about this episode.  Steve Burton actually did a good job IMO though.

• Members

I am not experiencing any boredom with the show. I wasn't keen on Xander & Sarah flirting but it's only because I don't look to my soaps to teach me about Scottish culture or the history of backgammon or whatever. But, I've wanted some kind of Johnson family contact for ages & we got it today. Steve, Kayla, Stephanie & Tripp all in the same room at the same time. 

• Members

"Most actors' turns are limited; the play closes, the movie wraps, the festival is finished. But, with soaps the stories go on & on, and the prize for remembering them all is sharing with others, who just can't seem to forget. Here's the important part: if you have ever been a fan of an actor, a character, a dream, I assure you that the actor loved you back and for one shared moment ... your dream came true." - Susan Seaforth Hayes, p. 309 LIKE SANDS THROUGH THE HOURGLASS