ALL: From Daytime to Primetime...and back again

• Members

Today someone tried to convince me that Melissa Claire Eagan & Michelle Stafford split the vote & that's how Jaqueline MacInnes Wood won her 3rd statue. Could easily have been. I have long believed that Victoria Wyndham & Beverlee McKinsey split the vote, allowing Irene Daily to win the Best Actress Emmy! (And then VW & Bev went to the nearest place that served liquor & proceeded to get drunk together, they were so disgusted.) 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Richard Hatch made his mark as Phillip on AMC. He left for primetime and scored two series 'Streets of San Francisco' and 'Battlestar Galactica' before going the primetime guest shot route thru the 80's and then returning to soaps on Santa Barbara. After that it was pretty much low budget stuff-movies,direct to video etc

• Members

Debbie Morgan - Loving Pilot, All My Children, Generations, some guest gigs during/in between, Loving/The City, A motion picture Eve’s Bayou, Port Charles, a few more motion pictures and guest stints and back to All My Children. She pretty much was established prior to Daytime. 

I truly believe she loves working in daytime. 

• Members

Wasn't she on an episode of "What's Happening!!"?  And then, of course, she was on "Roots: the Next Generations" with Brian Stokes Mitchell; as well as on "A Different World" years later, as the woman who caused Dwayne and Whitley not to go through with their initial wedding plans.

• Members

Danny Cosgrove was one of the actors marked as going places early in his AMC run. He was part of the hunk invasion all over the soap mags (Tanner, Jake, and new Scotty). Though his character was basically a side player on AMC, it’s positioned him to get a few teen movie roles and the 90210 gig, back when an Aaron Spelling placement still meant something! Of course, he bounced back to Guiding Light, and had consistent daytime work. I think his days run was so underrated, except for the dumb move of making him a villain when he really had great long term appeal with Hope