• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Large batch of Y&R Christmastime episodes BTS pics at this link:
https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/12/the-young-and-restless-cast-in-holiday.html

EDIT - These cover more than one episode. Some could be for Christmas or Christmas Eve. Some could be for business meetings in restaurants. Some could be for New Year's Eve. Edited by janea4old

• Members

As mentioned on another thread, Lucy is the only character under 18 years old currently airing.

Connor is with grandmother Anita. At Thanksgiving, Chelsea stopped by the Abbotts with Billy for just a few minutes, but then she left alone to go to spend the rest of Thanksgiving Day at her mother Anita's with Connor.

Johnny and Katie are at boarding school.   Will they appear at Christmas?

It's weird because over the summer they started a preteen/teen flirtation with Johnny/Lucy/Connor with one of the boys feeling left out, but it was abruptly dropped.

Edit, I completely forgot about Christian.  He's never mentioned.

Edit, Teriah and Aria aren't pictured, but I'll put them in a separate post because I have to rant.

Chloe is intermittently recurring, and Kevin appears on Y&R a maximum of 2 or 3 times per year due to Rikaart being on contract with Days -  so we don't see Kevin&Chloe's children.

But if they are going to to the trouble of making photos of Kevin and Chloe, why not their children?

Esther was living at Kevin&Chloe's house, helping with the children, but Esther's been managing Crimson Lights for a few months so I don't know who helps with the children now.
Maybe Chloe works from her home that has never been shown, but usually we see her working at restaurants. 
OffscreenKevin supposedly still does tech stuff for the police so maybe he works from OffscreenHome?
Gloria was in a legal snafu in Singapore for several months but returned for Thanksgiving, so maybe she helps with the children now.. but I don't remember if they said if she's currently staying with Kevin or Michael.

Just weird to see supposedly heartwarming holiday family photos with no children in them.

I see there is no photo of Gloria for Christmas.   Judith Chapman said on facebook that her next Y&R appearance is New Year's Eve. 

Edit to add: I forgot to mention the absence of Harrison in these photos. 
Update that Kellen Enriquez (Harrison) posted outside the studio December 14, so I guess we'll see him in January.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I don't see any young adult children in the Christmas photos either. So weird.
Nobody visits for Christmas?

Lily's daughter Mattie (Matilda) was recently mentioned: Lily has gone to spend time with her in another state - Mattie is traumatized by a wildfire that killed her teacher - and this covers Christel Khalil being on maternity leave.
Well at least they explained the absence of Mattie.

I don't know if Lily's son Charlie has been mentioned much, but presumably we won't see him either.

Reed *obviously* needs to appear due to the Claire situation.  But no mention of him yet.

Moses and Faith are at an university in another state, but will they return for Christmas?

Noah and Allie: when last mentioned (months ago):
Another character (Sharon?) said:
Noah was running a Glam Club in London, and Allie was working at the Jabot office in Paris, and Noah and Allie were visiting each other in their spare time, and sometimes visiting other cities in Europe together.

The update is that Rory Gibson is taping as Noah, per his IG story from a couple of days ago, but no idea how long he is taping for.  We might not see him until January?

No update on Allie yet.

Sorry for rambling on in this spoiler thread.
Just commenting on how none of the young adults are in the Christmas spoiler photos.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

No Winters family in these pics?
Well at least they didn't make the horrid mistake of the Thanksgiving BTS photo!
That Thanksgiving pic had Abby-dressed-in-white
sitting in the front-center of the Winters photo (as if she were the queen matriarch!)
with Mamie off to the side.  It was so bad.

As mentioned above Lily is out-of-state due to Christel Khalil's maternity leave, but why not a picture of Devon, Nate, and Mamie?

Dominic is another child not shown in the Christmas photos. 

Abby is shown with Ashley.

No Christmas photo of Chance?
Shouldn't we see Chance with Jill and Billy? And/or with Dominic?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Nick and Sharon in a photo.  This seems awkwardly/randomly thrown together for this photoshoot.
As mentioned above, no Noah, Faith, or Christian.

And wouldn't Sharon be with Mariah and Tessa and Aria for Christmas?

Maybe these photos are from an evening party, hence no children?
But even without baby Aria, if it's an evening party, where are Teriah?

The lack of Teriah is inexcusable.  I know Camryn Grimes is going on maternity leave any day now, but Christmas episodes were filmed in November so she could have filmed if they wanted her to.  I'd rant more, but Josh Griffith doesn't care.

Edited by janea4old