Y&R: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

One thing watching this classic episode did was making me pissed off all over again about the boneheaded move it was to kill off Colleen.

But, yeah, striking difference in the sets, number of extras, etc.

Nikki was giving me 1960s "Valley of the Dolls" - vibes in that hair and outfit.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At this point Diane was just playing a supporting role mostly. She had a slight involvement with Isabella’s disappearance story but that was about it. With the Tuvia/Safra war her plot twist was her saving Jabot with money she had gotten from Victor’s divorce settlement. Afterwards she then petitioned to get custody of Kyle from Jack & Phyllis and moved back into the Abbott house before leaving to Chicago the following year. 

• Members

Thanks! I wasn’t sure if she got a proper send off or not as I thought Susan W. Was actually still part of the cast till about mid 2005 but hadn’t been used since like the summer/fall of 2004…..then of course I remember they had Diane and Cameron share a scene as they did when he returned not too long ago because SW and LA are married in real life…

oh yeah let’s not forgot, they brought back purse swinging Brittany Norman for this event, reincarnated as Agnes Sweson of course!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Surprisingly both Diane and Lynn (who was featured in the opening credits of today’s episode) actually got proper send-off’s in the fall of 2004 at a time when characters like Mamie, Miguel, John Silva, and Wesley were all unceremoniously dumped and disappeared. 

And thanks haha I knew the actress had been on Y&R but I was thinking it was Kelly Garrison (Hilary Lancaster) for a moment. 

• Members

She basically walked into Paul's office, threw some papers down on his desk, and said, "Please sign these, Boss.  And by the way, although I've never mentioned her before in my entire life, I have an old sick aunt who lives a million miles away, and I need to leave Genoa City forever to care for her.  Oh, and my plane leaves in five minutes.  Bye!" 

Miguel got the same treatment.  He randomly told Nikki, "Senora, I've finished the dusting.  Oh!  I must leave town forever if it is agreeable with you."  She snatched an old clock off the mantel, thrust it into his hands, and said, "Here, take this with you as a gift for your decades of loyal service.  And don't forget to close the door when you leave.  Bye!" 

All those types of characters were dumped with no warning in the first round of budget cuts, and if you blinked you missed their exits. 

• Members

I think that is Vincent Irizarry (Lujack) and Judi Evans (Beth) from GL, but I cannot be sure.

IMO, when that promo was made, CBSD was firing on all cylinders; even CAPITOL was getting good!  But the promo emphasized all the right elements: passion, excitement, danger, glamour, DRAMA.  And just in case there were any men or lesbians out there watching?  There's also GL's Kristi Ferrell riding a mechanical bull.