Henry Joseph Samiri (Douglas, B&B)

Outstanding Guest Performer

Steve Burton (Harris, BEYOND SALEM)
Cassandra Creech (Grace, B&B)
Alley Mills (Heather, GH)
Robert Newman (Ashland, Y&R)
Kevin Spirtas (Craig, DAYS)

• Members

It will be a difficult one for any editor/producer to put together.

Jackie Zeman, Andrea Evans, Billy Miller, and Tyler Christopher all dying in the same year, among other talents, has been devastating and each of them is so deserving of being properly spotlighted in the farewell.

If anything, the In Memoriam is the thing I will be watching for.

• Members

John Aniston, Elizabeth Hubbard, just to name a couple more icons who left us since the last ceremony.

Bob Barker also died, and I’m sure CBS will be encouraging an extensive tribute. While he’s certainly worthy of recognition, I hope they don’t shortchange the actors because they’re not household names like him.

They really need to think through how they’ll handle the numerous losses this year. The producers could devote an entire segment to an In Memoriam, with cast members remembering their late co-stars (Amelia Heinle/Melissa Claire Egan/Elizabeth Hendrickson on Billy Miller, Martha Byrne/Scott Bryce on Liz Hubbard, Fiona Hutchison/Erika Slezak/John Loprieno on Andrea Evans, Genie Francis on Tyler or Jackie, Suzanne Rogers on John Aniston with a message or appearance from Jennifer, etc.).

But we know what a joke the Daytime Emmys are. They don’t respect the medium. They’ll have some D-list has-been sing some old song they can license on the cheap with PowerPoint projected on the backdrop and be done with it, per usual. It’ll be up to the winners to pay proper tribute in their speeches.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Emmy reels

Michael Fairman did his annual interview & got some of the reels, as described by the actors. 

People have posted reels info on Gold Derby Forums.

I picked them up from there & they are posted on my forum, https://www.facebook.com/groups/soapthegoodthebadtheugly

Thread link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/soapthegoodthebadtheugly/permalink/3612535545731652

Genie Francis did not submit. Laura Wright did not submit. Maura West did not submit. 

Deidre Hall does not submit. 

This is DAYS reel for Writing. They used the same as they did to win the WGA. DOOL HW Ron Carlivati said in a statement: "My team and I are thrilled to be nominated for the 2023 Writers Guild for Daytime. We submitted three scripts from the storyline about Craig's late-in-life coming out, the impact it had on his wife, Nancy, and of course, his ill-fated romance with the ever-scheming Leo. We felt that these episodes were a good representation of what Days of Our Lives does best: high-stakes family drama with a comedic twist."

Still no info on Writing for the others or for Directing or Show for any. However, everyone thinks Y&R will submit "Chelsea's suicide" in all those categories. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• 3 weeks later...