General Hospital: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Monday, 10/09:

• The makeup team must hate Kirsten Storms as much as wardrobe must be absent... those eyebrows are questionable.
  • I'm over the warden right now, and Cyrus... meh. I want to care. I really do. But, I'm beginning to not care.
  • LOVE that we continue to see Kate Mansi as Kristina. Casting GOLD! Makes me wish we could get Marci Miller, too!
  • Guess Kin Shriner's "fired" era is done, again! Haha.
  • Loving the dynamic between Brook Lynn & Chase.
  • Editing snafu: whatever sheet is in the windows of the airplane is ripping within the window, LOL!
  • I loathe seeing Alexis & Carly being friendly, especially after Alexis called Carly a "raging bitch" years ago. More backside kissing to Caroline Spencer.
  • I'm genuinely hoping the island got a bit of a revamp, because I did like the old set(s), but so much could be done with them!
  • The actor portraying the warden is so familiar, and I don't know from where... and it's annoying me, LOL!
  • Wait.... the warden is GONE?! Interesting!
  • Josh Swickard is doing amazing work the past two episodes. I sense some Emmy worthy material is going to be used.
  • I am loving the conversation between Kristina, Nina & Willow. It's natural and real nice to watch.
  • All of those extras are... just... looking bored, LOL. And why is Lucy playing the part of a sophisticated CEO in a power suit? LOL. What is she up to?
  • Damn. Even Amanda Setton is doing an amazing job in today's episode. Loving the throwback to the ALS challenge everyone was obsessed with doing.
  • The interim writers are doing some sold work: removing cast members, regardless of status, and are moving stories along.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As mentioned above, GH episode with Rena Sofer's return
was preempted October 10, due to ABC news coverage.
(Some areas got the new episode anyhow, some got a rerun, and some got only news.)

October 10, 2023, this rerun aired in some areas:
-- a repeat of Friday, May 13, 2022, GH episode #14976
Dustin's recap:
https://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/recaps/631153/general-hospital-michael-vows-take-everything-from-sonny/ 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

OMG!  Rena Sofer's Lois being back is the BEST casting decision the show has made in AGES.  So glad she's back.  The Tracy vs Lois scenes are spectacular already, the fun friendship of Lois & Lisa LoCicero's Olivia (a sweet enough substitute for Brenda for the time being) and the mother-daughter dynamic of Lois & Brooklynn are going to be so great!  So cool of them to tap into the Lois & Ned supercoupledom of the '90s.

Loved the Laura/Kevin/Esme/Ace/Spencer scenes too.  I'm really digging these 2 family units and their dynamics.  GH really feels like GH again with Laura's family and Tracy's family at the forefront of an episode.

Please register in order to view this content

I'm looking forward to Felicia's GH murder mystery happening soon.  I don't need Felicia to prop up Aunt Stella any more, let Stella be the second victim of Nurse Ratchet, please!

I don't know what was going on with Scott & Lucy in the prior episode.  Why did Lucy change her clothes in the middle of the episode to give that confusing speech with no clarity on what's going to do?  She went back to looking like the mousey librarian disguise she used to sport.  LOL.  And why are Maxie & Lucy acting like they built Deception from scratch?  Didn't that company start with Julia Barrett, Dominique, Scott and Lucy?  I don't know what Scott was doing in the episode, but he's always a delight.

• Members

I don't really consider Olivia to be a buddy stand in for Brenda/Lois.  It's more like Lois and Lois-lite.  Despite favoring Vanessa physically, I don't think Olivia and Brenda have much in common at all.  That being said, glad Lois/Rena are back!

I think Lucy and Maxie did build Deception back up from scratch to be fair.  IIRC (and it's been awhile) Lucy had a different cosmetics brand when she first came back and Deception was practically dead.  I can't remember what happened to the old brand (it might have something to do with the vampire slayer story?), but she ended up wanting to open Deception Spa with Laura.  Long story short, I think Maxie/Lucy did a lot to re-brand and re-build and I don't know if that spa is still open or if Laura even cares.

• Members

She did. Lucy was supposedly very successful with CoeCoe Cosmetics when Sabrina and Felix found her in NYC(?). Big glam office. Things being Ron Carlivati though, CoeCoe went under in record time and Lucy was back in PC for good. And ofc Ron's Deception spa story (with Milo as the Face of Deception! ugh!) never happened because Genie quit when Frank tried to make her take recurring. I don't think it ever opened, as far as we know anyway.

• Members

Yes!  I couldn't remember if CoeCoe just went under because of Lucy's Vampire/Mental Health problems or if it was already headed that way when Felix/Sabrina came to ask for her help with the Nurse's Ball.  I also remember Laura being 'out of town' so Scott was helping Lucy with the spa.  I just figured I missed the conclusion of the story and it does exist off screen, but it seems like it was just dropped.  I think having Deception continue to be a makeup company makes much more sense than a spa although I do think Deception started as mostly perfume or at least that's the only product I remember Brenda promoting.  No idea why Ron tried to make Milo, of all characters, a thing up to considering teasing a Lulu pairing.  

• Members

I don't remember either. It did happen ludicrously quickly. It seemed fine when Sabrina and Felix arrived on the scene.

IIRC Deception had spa/wellness elements back in the day at some point? But yeah, I also thought it was odd. And yes, Ron and Frank's fixation on Milo mirrored their fixation on other ill-equipped hunks on every show they've each been at (including Nathan at GH).

• Members

I don't really remember Deception's origins as far back as Julia/Dom/Scotty. In its inception it might have had spa ties.  I just remember it was always perfume Lucy was talking about and Brenda was always doing perfume ads in the 90's while Jax Cosmetics was, well cosmetics.  That may or may not have been the case, but that's how I differentiated the two in my mind at least.  I have no idea why the show needed two cosmetics companies in the 90's with only one model in town lol.  When Carly/Laura launched it I thought it was perfume again, but maybe it's always just been vague. 

Anyhow, this is the first time since the 90's since Deception seems like a viable business and I do think Maxie and Lucy have put in a lot of hard work so I do understand why they are treating this whole situation so seriously, especially Maxie the single mother with a brood of kids.

I could at least see the appeal of Nathan, while I don't see any appeal with Milo as an actor or a character outside of Cheetwood being very good at working out.