General Hospital: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have waited *years* for this, and it didn’t disappoint. Rena Sofer and Amanda Setton have got the mother-daughter dynamic nailed, and RS’s adversarial chemistry with Jane Elliott is still there in spades. BLQ’s facial expressions during the Lois/Tracy exchange were gold…

Edited by OzFrog

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't see Lois's original run but with the dates involved, was there much time for Jane and Rena to overlap in story? It looks like late June - early October 1996 would've been the only time they were both on the show at the same time?

Did Jane have a lot of story with the second Lois?

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

IIRC, Tracy was instrumental in driving Rena's Lois out of town and out of Ned's life in '96, when she came back and made her life hell. They clashed over Ned, everything blew up and both characters left town within days of each other.

Lesli Kay's Lois and Tracy did overlap in the 2000s but I assume their scenes were minimal. I have no idea if they shared any at all but NuLois was a C-level character at that time.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Rena is on contract per closing credits of Friday October 13.
I guess it's a short contract?

Rena said that she had been preparing to move to the East Coast with her husband.  She got this opportunity to reprise Lois on GH before she leaves Los Angeles.  It was not stated how long she is remaining in L.A.
https://apnews.com/article/general-hospital-rena-sofer-returns-9279b685624236c167ccbefb291b8f61

"But with this Eddie Maine story happening, it just really seemed like an absolutely perfect time to have Lois come back for a short amount of time to try to get Eddie to remember that he’s Ned. So Frank reached out to me and asked me if I’d be willing to come back for a short amount of time and I said yes."  <snip>  "the story isn’t about me. The story is about Brook Lynn. The story is about Eddie Maine and Ned, so I need to respect that. This is not about me coming back and telling my story; this is about me coming back and supporting the stories that are there with me trying to create the knowledge of who Lois is now, 27 years later. So that is challenging, but also, part of the fun"
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/rena-sofer-on-her-surprise-gh-comeback/

I mentioned this on the B&B thread:
Interestingly, on Friday Oct. 13, the new B&B opening photo credits debuted without Rena for the first time since she left in summer 2022.
On the same day that she began appearing in the contract section of GH closing credits.

• Members

So, I guess that means you think Cyrus's conversion was genuine? I would bet not. 

I want Montague to do jail time & lose his license. Gladys may need to testify. Of course, that nurse can. 

I wonder if Michael will apologize to Ned. Of course, Ned's NEddie now so mebbe not. 

Does GH do fall sweeps? I'm wondering if there's any reason to hold off on revealing Nina as the whistleblower. 

• Members

Lois is on Tuesday & Wednesday this coming week

Tuesday she meets Chase

Wednesday with Tracy

I wonder if Michael will sit on the knowledge that Nina called the SEC since Nina is getting along with Willow

Edited by John

• Members

Damn, Blaze got to Puerto Rico really quickly 

I’d like to see her and Kristina as a couple, but not before Kristina has a one night stand with Dex first

Please register in order to view this content

And I’m glad the show finally remembered of Mac being Cody’s father.  Cody’s actually grown on me, but yeah, I wasn’t really a fan of his pity party today lol 

And, shut up, Michael 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I like Cody, but yeah, that reason he gave for not wanting Mac to know he is his father was really weak, and didn't make much sense. Because he's not worthy??? How does that change the facts???

I don't think Josh Kelly bought it either. He's usually committed to playing whatever they give him, but I thought he tried to hide a grin through that awful excuse.