General Hospital: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The four highlights of today's episode:

1. Laura and Kevin's homecoming

-The show is always good when Ace is on.

2. Chase, Gregory, and Finn discussing his illness.

3. Brook Lynn, Lois, and Olivia

-I think this is Amanda Sefton's first scene between BLQ and her mother.

4. Terry and Yuri

• Members

I honestly think it's just jarring at first.  I always tend to cringe at it when I hear it and then get over it.  I'll have to watch some old clips to judge if it's less distinct.  I think Rena does fine with it though.  To be very clear it's a minor annoyance for me from an awesome character.  99% of my complaints are major annoyances from awful characters.  Lois is still top tier amazing in my book. 

• Members

I love accents. With Rena, hearing Lois's accent was just this great feeling of being home. 

I love women screaming when they see each other for the first time after awhile apart! I attended a women's college & the whole first week back after break was the sound of 4,000 women taking turns screaming. 

On DAYS I even loved Johnny & Susan screaming & hugging to the max. 

I hope GH does well with Rena. 

Did y'all hear what Real had to say about working at GH

• Members

@Liberty Cityis correct though.  RS has taken it down a notch since the 90's with the accent.  Olivia and Brooklyn also starting to dip into accents probably didn't help.  

Ha!  I am from California and everything I know about Bensonhurst GH taught me.  Are you telling me it's not all large, close knit Italian families, video arcades, a pizza parlors???

• Members

I did notice both Brook Lynn & Olivia were dipping into slight accents but, I feel like I do that, too, if I'm watching an Australian or British series.

When Brook Lynn answers the door, Lois goes "muther," when I feel like before she would have gone "Mutha". And swapping "your" to "ya" is clearly a choice, haha.

• Members

Oh yeah.  I felt it was pretty natural for them to start speaking like Lois, but not doing it in other aspects of their life.

I don't watch GH til Hulu, but Lois made it seem like she was still physically living at her parents house to this day.  Which cool, I guess.   I just would have expected Lois to move on and remarry and have more kids years ago.  

Edited by carolineg