Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@soapfan770Although the BTS BS is intriguing, I try to only engage with what is happening on-screen when I watch.  To me, the stuff about the producer is like listening to a stranger's office gossip.  I'm in it for my own bad predictions about what's going to happen, and reading @AbcNbc247 morning summation.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Good cliffhanger. I guess there are some benefits to not reading spoilers lol 

I think we all knew both characters were full of crap but I had no idea that they were working together. This is another storyline that I hope isn’t ruined and rushed because the effects of this can play out for a while. 

Same can be said for Xander and Sarah and the custody fight, and the way that it could be tied to other characters and storylines. It’s better than having everyone in their own little story bubbles with no interaction with each other. 

And, I love how everything was fine at the hospital like there wasn’t just a massive security breach and a prisoner escaping. Here’s to hoping Steve beats the crap out of Leo and Dimitri if he finds them. 

Btw, I should’ve said this yesterday, but wtf is this fascination with handcuffing people to beds? Is that another Jamey trademark?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Stefan and Gabi need a cause.

The whole idea that they want everyone's voting shares would make sense if we knew the issue for which the board is voting.  For example, if EJ wanted the board to fund Dr. Rolf's Youth Serum, and Stefan wanted them to back his idea to build Dimera Mobile Mausoleums, then we would know what they're fighting about (of course, Kristin would pitch low cost latex masks or pre-fab underground tunnels).  BTW, she quickly dropped her desire for power in the company once Megan died.

As it stands, I have no idea who to root for in this argument.  Because both parties seem ill-suited to run the company, and there's no logical reason that they couldn't manage it together. 

We never see them actually go to the office.  Unlike, Titan, it is still unclear what their company does (shipping?, drugs?, films?)  There's never been a scene where one man was an impediment to the other.  And, everyone seems to have forgotten that the mansion only belongs to the CEO, so they'll all still be rich and have a house no matter who wins the vote.

Where's the conflict? When is this stupid vote going to happen? And, while Tate's whining about not seeing his Dad in two years, has Gabi even FaceTimed her daughter since she moved to New Zealand?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Oh, yeah, much less than 6 months. I can't wait till the show gets really past some of this!

I love Tamara Braun but as much as I love her that much is how much I dislike Steve Burton. It was bad enough when the show wasted her just making pasta for Rafe every day & having sex every night. Now because Alarr wanted it we have to see a romance between Harris & Ava. 

Some people say that we lost Lindsay Arnold because of him. We know he was why we're losing Martha Madison. 

I also hope that someone makes some interesting statements tomorrow! If Day Of Days 2023 isn't the right time for a pep talk on the future of the show, the balance of Season 59 & the exciting Season 60 I don't know when would be the time! 

The only thing I liked today was that Greg Vaughn just looks at Ari like Eric is still in love with her. 

But I also did not hate today, and there's that, right? 

• Members

You're correct, it was so quick that I forgot.  But, I think you understand my point that once Megan went vamoosh, Kristen seemed to have lost interest in running Dimera, she was more interested in the potential for Dimitri's money than her father's company.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I just realized that Holly has an awful accent. What is it? I hope they put her with an acting coach & try to get rid of it. She is young enough that it would probably be good for her future career.

I find myself comparing Charlotte/GH to Holly/DAYS. So far I think the new teens are good. 

I think Tate is so realistic. And, his scene with Brady was very good. Laughed at him saying that washing dishes is embarrassing. HUH? What's embarrassing about it? 

DAYS went all the way around the world practically to justify having Theresa move in with Alex! And then he invited her on the basis of her fine taste in china. Now that's a new one!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
Oops, discussing the promo & forgot I was not in the promo thread.