Days of Our Lives: September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

To be fair, they didn't meet until they were in their 20s

With regard to Alex, I find it difficult to define why I think he is so cringy.  The baritone vocals, the shallow advice, his poor fashion sense, it just gives me the icks whenever he's on-screen.  It's not the memory of Ben, who has receded in the vast wasteland of my mind.   And, it has nothing to do with the actor, who seems to have been crafted in Dr. Rolf's lab for soaps. 

Historically, I am a fan of soap meatheads.  I watched the whole plane crash in Haiti story (before most people were born) just to see Carlo Forenza, with his perfect hair and Fila tennis shorts.  But, for whatever reason, Alex just doesn't do it for me.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Speaking of meatheads, Brady's overly plucked eyebrows and carefully trimmed beard are getting out of hand.  That is neither a color nor a shape found in a nature.

Finally, we know Shawn's an alcoholic because he chugs straight from the bottle (which is really gross when we consider that it is a public bar and customers are going to be served from that bottle).  A good ol' soap wino never uses a glass (or a mixer).

Edited by j swift

• Members

I mean, Max did date his niece Stephanie as well who he did know his entire life, so it's a bit of a pattern.

It is really a shame that Nicole, John and Marlena weren't at the memorial.  I can understand Nicole might think it was in bad taste to go, but John/Victor had such an interesting relationship in the 90's and were quite close after Isabella died. 

Why are bars giving Shawn the entire bottle of booze?  The small bar has given Shawn the entire bottle of whatever he drinks multiple times and that's literally illegal.  

• Members

I guess there's no chance that Shawn's not an addict. But, he only wanted one sip today, and Belle is driving, so that's progress...

Or I'm a cultural co-dependent...

Also, so soapy that everyone referred to Chelsea as Shawn's sister, just in case we forgot how they are related.

TIL

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yeah, because a wink should be a priority in Victor’s funeral episode 

I knew Ron and his biggest cheerleader were gonna try to do something like that. And just like with the Sonny/Leo pairing, the Soap Gods intervened and stopped that bullshit dead in its tracks

I think it’s a combination of both writing and acting 

• Members

A whole week without Leo. That’s always a good thing. 

I enjoyed today, but once again, everything was so rushed. The scenes were all good but they really need to take their time with a lot of stuff, like Sarah giving birth, John and Dick Van Dyke, etc. 

The only thing that didn’t seemed rushed was Vivian’s storyline. I don’t mind it, and I hope that it’s used to drive other storylines as well. Maybe this’ll finally give Gabi and Stefan something to do instead of just meddling. 

And now that Victor’s will is missing and the other copies have been torn up, I hope this means that we’re getting a mystery surrounding his death. 

Btw, I love how nobody rushed in to tell Maggie that her daughter was giving birth outside

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I'm not sure he does it for anyone!

Today was a real whirlwind show. In one day we have a new baby girl but something's wrong with Sarah. Vivian's the new widow Kiriakis & I'm sure she'll throw Maggie out into the street any instant now. And they let DH2 express fan feelings about the many retcons of John Black & gave him a new papa in just 2 weeks of DVD. 

• Members

"A few quick changes"? I think a few more changes were needed to that dialogue. Giddens' excuse is lousy. If they had time to bring in another actor/character, they had time to properly write dialogue that didn't have us shaking our heads.

Weird excuse, and I'm not buying it. You mean Lions Gate execs waited until ALL of these budget busting scenes were planned and filmed before saying anything??? That's just not believable.

Dick Van Dyke is a national treasure, but am I the only one who's already tired of his appearances? Just leave already.

• Members

That's just Jamey. Wasn't it Sonja Alarr? Maybe her lack of experience means she can't pivot? They should have re-written the entire scene. In the scheme of things it was just half a page. 

No, I'm not tired of him. I just wonder if the story today was too pat. And, why aren't they immediately talking about DNA testing?

• Members

John's new backstory was resolved in an episode?!!?  After all these years and all these false leads that's it?   It's all very silly and so quickly done, but whatever.  I have long since stopped caring about John's origins lol.  At least the DH's seem to be in on the joke of John's past at this point. 

The Sarah birth scene was so disconnected from what was going on a few feet away inside.  I don't understand why Chloe or Xander didn't alert her mother and everyone else.  That's just sloppy writing.