Days of Our Lives: September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Of course actually the first thing she did was throw, what, 3 people out of the K Mansion? Maggie, Bonnie & Justin. God, I love Louise! 

Abt Harris & Ava, I never would have hired SB & I never would have brought TB back. But, since Alarr did I am quietly tolerating them because they are good acting beats for TB so far. 

I am most concerned about them switching EOB over to Teresa when OG Teresa has been more than fine. 

Speaking of that utter failure Stephen Nichols & Mary Beth Evans at GH, I was at the eye doctor's today & killing time & reading in the GH60 mag, I read Nichols acct. First, he was hired "funny". He went with MBE to a GH fan event & happened to meet Wendy Riche, who then wanted to talk to him about this Stefan Cassadine character & so on & so on. He says lovely things about Patrick Mulcahey's dialogue & lovely things about working with MBE, NLG, Tony, Jackie, Constance Towers & Tyler! You would never know he was speaking about a failure so complete that it is infamous to fans! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The one thing Ron got right was Chanel and Johnny. Yet he completely obliterated them with the ridiculous possession story and by pairing Chanel with awful Allie.

Now he's pairing them again. I don't care. I've lost all interest in them as a couple. I'd actually write out Chanel from the show.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It's also a real stretch to think Ava and Harris would have anything in common.  Besides being the same age and in the same location they have no similar interests lol.  She's a criminal, evil, a killer?, possibly insane and now on the run from the law.  I don't know why army hero, mostly sane, voluntarily committed Harris would want to hit that.  I'd check myself out of Bayview and never look back.  Days does have a long history of pairing characters together solely because they are both single and the same age though without regard to any reason they would make a good couple.  Xander and Chloe is a prime example lol.

• Members

This is a perfect explanation of why the show doesn't need Ava or Harris.

I have no idea -- none -- who Ava is at this point. I don't care if or when she hallucinates except that it makes me gag even harder when I see Susan again.

I agree that Steve Burton was decent on Beyond Salem, but nothing he's done on the main show has worked. Like you, I'm not invested in his character at all. Even worse, all I dowhen he's on the screen is glare at how hard and weathered he looks. He's like a cyborg.

• Members

I actually don't think Stefan as an overall character was a failure at all.  There were a lot of missteps with the character overtime, but SN's Stefan was very successful launching a new era of Cassadines.  I would consider MBE's stint as Katherine to be much more of a failure than Stefan.

None.  Especially bouncing off TB the last few Days.  They both were playing Jason and Carly in one of her crazy states.

• Members

I completely agree with you. The failure I was mainly talking about was just the pairing of SN & MBE on a different soap. From the moment they had Stefan meet Katherine Bell by shooting her I felt the writing was absurd for the couple. Katherine Bell worked as a foil to Lucy & as a friend to Nik, so that was a bit of success. But, she didn't work with Stefan or with most other characters so that was a lot of failure. 

• Members

Definitely in agreement.  Katherine just didn't work.   The way GH tried to shoehorn Katherine into Stefan's story was a weird last-ditch effort to make the character liked by the audience.  I suppose it was worth a shot, but it was painful. 

I honestly prefer 90's Stefan to anything Patch has done since he returned.  I like 80's Steve a lot.  I just think SN's portrayal of Stefan is better than anything SN has had on Days in the 2000's.  Modern day Steve/John/Roman tend to be similar characters and pretty redundant. 

• Members

Yes, the definitely tried to force people to like Katherine Bell. That's an example of GH doing this, like now with Finn, earlier on. 

Stefan compared to Patch, well he was elegant. He was a prince but an egalitarian. He's right about that Mulcahey dialogue. He had really good writing & no one on DAYS has really good writing, unfortunately. Except about Katherine & then his writing was just weird. 

• Members

Awwww Talia.

I actually felt bad for her. Aketra did really well today. Too bad the character was so poorly conceived. Btw, was her nose running in the scenes when Chanel let her down?

Please register in order to view this content

Gotta give a shout-out to Chanel/Raven Bowens too. This is how you let someone done gently, with care and understanding. A few characters on Days (and on GH too for that matter) should be taking lessons from her. 

I liked that we saw a bit of Beyond Salem Wendy in todays episode. I don’t know if I like them being secondary in Ava’s storyline, but I probably would like it if the focus shifts more to her and Tripp and Johnny. And, as always, Tripp is such a good son

As for Shawn/Belle, I liked their fight today but I still say that this is how it should have been for them since last year. It should have all been pieced together in one long tale starting with Jan, then EJ, then Bo and Victor, until now.

I’m looking forward to what may happen for them tomorrow  

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I never know how to comment here because a lot of the posters here like Tripp and I absolutely loathe him.  As a human I find him between horrific and boring, but never likeable.  He's just shoehorned into the storylines because Ron wants him there, but he's just awful.
As a woman, I find him unattractive, unsexy and ... creepy.
Some of this is a matter of personal taste/opinion but I just really dislike him.
Also I think I have *valid* reasons to hate him because of some of his actions and the way he interacts with people. 
I want Wendy far away from him.

Tripp seems manipulative and creepy. The more the show tries to say he's a nice guy, the more I disbelieve it.

Ava is a horrible criminal and NOBODY should be helping her.  I despise that Tripp is loyal to this monster because she's his biological mother.  Terrible writing all around.

@AbcNbc247  I loathe Tripp on Days the way you loathe Josslyn on GH.
It's a hatred that will not die.  LOL, too funny.

Edited by janea4old