Days of Our Lives: September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

@ranger1rg I think that I am resolved to agree with @carolineg's theory that it is different times of the day for different characters as we catch up with them.  For example, I assume Victor's memorial will begin Thursday, when it will be the next morning for the mourners (te he), but it will be the same day as the death threat for Harris and Ava.

Ever since the time jump, it is assumed that time and space work differently in Salem than in our universe.  So, it's less budgetary and more metaphysical...

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There's only one person? Who the heck is he? Must be a he. 

Well, overall, I thought it was a good episode. I loved Nicole & Chloe remembering what good but snarky friends they are to each other! Oh, and, yes, I think that long hair is a wig. I've thought so ever since we met it. I feel like Nicole's hairstyles are characters & I do not like a lot of them!! 

JPL is growing on me as Phiilip which is probably a problem since I don't think he's staying. 

Do we know anything about Miz Hit Lady? Besides the fact that she is inept. And, about payment to a hit person, is it the thing now to pay upfront instead of holding back, say, half till proof is delivered? 

• Members

Agree with Ranger. 

Now. WHaaat? There's nothing wrong with Judi's hair. As far as looks go in today's soaps, it's a short list.

1. DAYS Nicole's hair

2. GH Maxie - You just never know what it will be. 

3. GH Michael - At GH they say it's baby weight. I don't get it. His wife had a baby. He gained weight. 

• Members

Yeah, that hitwoman really was the worst hitwoman ever. How the hell did she not have a passcode on her phone?

Please register in order to view this content

Harris/Ava going on the run seems kind of stupid. There has to be another way to bring them together then this. 

I liked EJ encouraging Johnny to not give up on Chanel. It really was just what he needed. I have mixed feelings about Johnny backing down again though. He should be fighting for Chanel and more determined to get her back. If he’s reluctant to do so because of all the other triangles he’s lost, he needs to talk about that more instead of just a throwaway line to someone, here and there. I wouldn’t mind him becoming more of a bad boy either. 

Btw, WTG, Tripp

Now that that’s finally happened, it’s time for some conflict lol maybe from a bad boy Johnny. Tripp and Wendy have pretty much been stuck in a bubble for a while now. This should all be tied together with Johnny/Chanel/Talia and Harris/Ava/EJ/Nicole/Eric/Sloan

• Members

It is an odd juxtaposition from the sexual liberation that we've seen in Salem this year, that these two committed to each other before having a "love" scene.  I mean, if Rafe and Jada can get it on while her sister is sleeping on the sofa, why do Wendy and Tripp need to be as far as possible from Li in order to do the humpty dance?

Not to go back to the time of day thing - but - why is Kayla telling Talia that she got the job, at the same time of day that Wendy's checked into the hotel?  And why does the hospital board (and the city council) only meet at night?

Edited by j swift

• Members

-- Now that Tripp and Wendy have screwed, there's nothing left for them. There's zero conflict, zero story.

-- Johnny definitely needs to be a bad boy again. It's insane that someone as hot as Carson Boatman is always a third wheel or someone who isn't chosen.

-- I still can't, and will never believe, that Talia is a doctor.

-- The Ava/Harris escape was ridiculous. Even though the budget is non-existent, DAYS should be able to do better than this. It's actually embarrassing. The actors were shot in close-up so we couldn't really envision the scene, and we were cheated out of seeing anything when Harris held the gun on security and 5 seconds later they were in front of a plastic green wall.